Nvidia shield pro

Phani24

Hi
My friend is buying nvidia shield pro to use it for streaming and with external. But some are saying it can't play file size more than 20gb.
As my frn has movies upto 100gb files he is in dilema. Nvediapro plays files of 70gb to 100gb.
Pls clarify.

Thanks
Phani

Hi
My friend is buying nvidia shield pro to use it for streaming and with external. But some are saying it can't play file size more than 20gb.
As my frn has movies upto 100gb files he is in dilema. Nvediapro plays files of 70gb to 100gb.
Pls clarify.

Thanks
Phani
Hi,
I have played files of the sizes upto 60-70 GB using kodi in shield. It plays easily.

Hi
Pls clarify.

Thanks
Phani
Hi,
its a beast it will handle heavy file sizes smoothly.

Hi
Pls clarify.

Thanks
Phani
Who are those? I know many shield owners and I myself used 2017 and currently using 2019 pro. Have never faced any issues playing blu ray remux files that vary from 40-100gb.

Hi
Pls clarify.

Thanks
Phani
Its not true. Nvidia Shield Pro can play bigger files without any issue. I have been using it personally to play 70-80 GB files and it can play it flawlessly

Is there a way to transfer files faster over wifi?
I transfer files from my mobile to pendrive (usb 3) connected to nvidia which is enabled on network as discoverable. But the transfer speed i am getting is very slow (2-4mbps). Using ES file explorer.
Shareit is not available for nvidia on store.

Has anyone used it as same use case scenario and found a way for faster transfer?

I transfer files from my mobile to pendrive (usb 3) connected to nvidia which is enabled on network as discoverable. But the transfer speed i am getting is very slow (2-4mbps). Using ES file explorer.

Has anyone used it as same use case scenario and found a way for faster transfer?
How about trying with an OTG cable connected from your phone to the pendrive. It should be much faster.

How about trying with an OTG cable connected from your phone to the pendrive. It should be much faster.
Yepp i have an OTG pendrive and it connects directly to phone. Transfer is quite fast.

Just trying to figure out a wireless way. How shareit works fast on PC otherwise.

Yepp i have an OTG pendrive and it connects directly to phone. Transfer is quite fast.

Just trying to figure out a wireless way. How shareit works fast on PC otherwise.
Sorry headcase , am not aware of any wireless option.

Instead of transferring, you can setup a local server like Jellyfin on your PC and stream directly from Kodi.

Instead of transferring, you can setup a local server like Jellyfin on your PC and stream directly from Kodi.
Thanks that's another option but I want to remove PC out of chain completely.

So looking for a way to get movies on HDD transferred wirelessly. We used to do it using share it on PC and it worked flawlessly. I know PC has many possibilities. I was using a HTPC only until now. Passed on building even a NUC recently. Thought network transfer could be done easily on Nvidia. And it works but very slow. Some nvidia restrictions in support of thier own softwares. I wish...

I am using fire cube
Amd it is like super power than firesticks.
Orderes nvidia pro too wil recive on 27th
As far iit is more powerful than firecube
So easily will play like butter

Is the inbuilt wifi only slow? Or even the ethernet connection? 5GHz should have decent speeds. Alternatively you could hook up a router or extender via ethernet with the shield and transfer via that network if you think there are issues with the inbuilt wireless.

There are other sharing softwares which lets you create Samba shares on an android device. Has decent transfer speeds too.

Is the inbuilt wifi only slow? Or even the ethernet connection? 5GHz should have decent speeds. Alternatively you could hook up a router or extender via ethernet with the shield and transfer via that network if you think there are issues with the inbuilt wireless.

There are other sharing softwares which lets you create Samba shares on an android device. Has decent transfer speeds too.
Will check it out. No inbuilt is fine and even my net is fine. It's an Airtel fiber only. It's something to do with Nvidia's restrictions.
Would need to figure out a 3rd party software solution. Like shareit side load if possible.

Currently i use ES File explorer to transfer over to network drive over nvidia. And it works but damn slow if u want to transfer 20-25GB files or above.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back