Onkyo TX-8255 Stereo Receiver - is it a good buy - URGENT REPLY PLEASE

denzong

i am getting the Onkyo TX-8255 Stereo Receiver for around 15000rs new.
the specs are:

Technical Specifications
Stereo RMS Power: 50W per channel x 2, into 8 ohms
Dynamic Range: 135W per channel x 2, into 2 ohms, 105W per channel x 2, into 4 ohms, 70W per channel x 2, into 8 ohms
No. of Channels: 2
Speaker Selector: Yes
AM/FM Tuner: Yes, with 40 presets
Input Analog Audio: - x5 Sets (RCA)
Input Phono: - x1 Set (RCA)
Input FM Antenna: - x1
Input AM Antenna: - x1
Output Analog Audio: - x2 Sets (RCA)
Output Headphone: - x1 (1/4" Phone)
Output Speakers: - x4 Sets (Binding Post)
IR Input/Output Port x1 (Mini)
RI Port x1 (Mini)

the deal is for just 2 days so an urgent reply would be highly appreciated. thank you

At this cost, I would rather go with an AVR with 5.1 discrete amp at more power output, HDMI/Coax/Optical digital IO and cleaner audio though without the "sweet" sound signature of an stereo "music tuned" amp!

Yups I got it but went out of town for 20 days as soon as I got it. So will be laoding the review soon

Yups I got it but went out of town for 20 days as soon as I got it. So will be laoding the review soon

Thanks in advance.:licklips:

I say this becoz this forum is running dry of really informative reviews.:eek:

It takes me a lot of pain to say, that I have learnt very little related to audio gear from hifivision, it was actually AudioKarma.org forum where I learnt a lot.

People over there write a lot about their audio gear, post pics etc.

From hifivision i learnt names of audio gear, thats it.

As an Indian an a member of Hifivsion it is my duty to save this forum and write some informative reviews with the little knowledge i possess.

I request other members to write reviews post pics, realted to their gear.

Last edited:
^^^^^ Responsibilities, work / home pressures are a lot higher in this land to be able to have quality time at anyone's disposal to be able to put in detailed info.

Off and on is somewhat possible ....... more so, when one is NOT a bachelor anymore.

Hi Denzong,

FM Paritosh has bought the same receiver recently, maybe you should PM him to find out how he finds it performing. He has paired it with Paradigm Monitor 7 FS.

http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/19507-can-any-one-tell-me-price-onkyo-tx-8555-8255-a.html

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...-3-hours-audition-3-pairs-paradigm-shift.html

Meanwhile, sorry for going OT but this needs to be said for certain member finding Hifivision not being able to provide more 'information' to his liking:

Its very simple really.

Those who find no benefit of being part of this forum should leave it ASAP.
Less headache for one & all that way:indifferent14:

Honestly I have not felt the same. Both are excellent for music and have never felt it otherwise.
I have tested the speakers with sansui amp, kenwood and now yamaha.
Don't agree with this point unless its an individual opinion.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back