Planning to buy a DAP. Which one you suggest? Budget <25k

What is DAP and where it will be used ? Can you quote some brands and models for example. Still i am having doubt you are asking for Digital audio processor or DAC;)

Regards

Planning to buy a new DAP. Could you please suggest some within a budget of less than 25K INR?

DAP stands for Digital Audio Player I believe. Some of the models being Fiio X1, X3, X5, DX90 from iBasso, HM-901 from HiFiMan etc. Of course, some can act as USB DAC as well when connected to laptop/pc via USB.

I do not really understand the technical issues, but a week ago I bought a Fiio X3 on amazon, I was quite satisfied, for prices and more details, you can visit amazon.com

o.png

Thanks Ivan S. Does it (X3) play DSD files? Which firmware version did it come with?

Anything else from the FMs? Please suggest.

Thanks Ivan S. Does it (X3) play DSD files? Which firmware version did it come with?

Anything else from the FMs? Please suggest.

Yes the latest 3.0 firmware of the Fiio X3, released in May, plays DSD files
And along with DSD support, the sound has been tweaked and it sounds phenomenal now. When I use it as a source for my OEM car audio, co-passengers complement me on a fantastic sound system :)
As far as audio quality goes, recommended in a heartbeat.

However have to mention, the X3's user interface is designed to handle only a few dozen albums at a time. if you were thinking of plonking your entire MP3 collection into a large SD card and carry it along, the X3 is not a good choice.
There is no scroll wheel or any method of jumping lists when scrolling. In other words, you just keep the "down" button pressed for eternity till your album starting with "K" or "M" turns up.

The higher-spec version, Fiio X5, has a scroll wheel. But it is mechanical, so instead of pressing a button, you' ll have to furiously rotate the click wheel to get to the album/song of your choice.

So that problem is unsolved on all the Fiio models.
But overall, the X5 UI is supposed to be better than the X3

There is a rumoured Fiio X7 coming which will be Android based, so that would solve all the UI problems. But with the X5 at Rs 24k, the X7 might be substantially higher priced than your budget

penonaudio.com will ship it here. Of-course you will have to pay customs, not sure how much. I got it from China through one of my friend.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back