Please guide me in choosing a 32" Full HD LED TV!

Licit Mortal

Hello Friends,

I am looking for buying a 32" full HD TV for my parents and I have, through my research narrowed down to the following models that are available under INR 40k.

LG 32LV3730 (IPS)
LG 32LV3730 LED LCD TV - Full HD 1080p Smart LED TV - LG Electronics IN

Samsung UA32D5900 (Not known whether it uses TN or IPS!)
An elegant blend of practicality and performance - UA32D5900VR - LED TV - Television | SAMSUNG

Sony Bravia KDL-32EX520 (Not known whether it uses TN or IPS!)
KDL-32EX520 : EX520 Series : BRAVIA HD TV (LED & LCD) : Sony India

Panasonic Viera TH L32D25 (IPS)
VIERA TH-L32D25 | Panasonic

It would be really helpful if some experienced people in this forum could share your opinions/expertise and help me in choosing the best Television set.

Thank you.

Cheers,
LM

I would prefer buying Samsung over Sony. I currently have LCD 46 C550. Completely satisfied with performance, features, usability. Samsung TV design is amazing in terms of looks. USB can play all video formats. I have tried AllShare (wired network) and I could stream from laptop to TV. My opinion is based on personal experience and using Samsung LCD for an year.

I recently bought UA32D5900.
Compared it to ex520 before buying.
The PQ was better than Sony, plus it plys more formats and the Panel is absolutely beautiful to look at.
Also got the blu ray player free so was an excellent deal.

IMHO as per PQ- Sony/Samsung are on par. Then LG and then Panasonic.

Do not know about the Panasonic but between the Sony, Samsung and LG models

PQ wise

1. Sony EX520
2. Samsung D5900
3. LG LV3730

So if care about PQ and want natural true to life image reproduction get the Sony, if you care more about playing all file formats via USB and oversaturated colors then get the Samsung D5900. Avoid LG and the Panasonic models. They are not very good PQ wise.

P.S. Sony EX520 has SPVA panel, Samsung D5900 most likely has AMVA panel. No Sony/Samsung Tvs use TN panels, that's just false marketing by LG.

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back