Pls suggest AVR for set of speakers

akshay_satyam

Dear audiophiles

Its been long I am disconnected with the world of audio and today I am here to get your suggestions on a new AVR that I need to purchase. I had a Denon X3300w, whose motherboard suddenly went kaput. I have following set up. Please suggest which AVR should I purchase. I mostly use this set up for movies and now dont get a lot of time so something that is long lasting, can decently run this set up and is below 1Lac INR is fine for me:

Rear Speakers*
Klipsch R-14 M
4inch/80hms/100watts/64-24,000 Hz

*Front side Speakers*
Elac B6
1" sik dome tweeter, 6-1/2" woofer, frequency response: 44-20,000 Hz, 6 ohms, 30-120W

*Center Speakers*
Elac C5
1" silk dome tweeter, 5-1/4" woofers, frequency response: 48-20,000 Hz, 6 ohms, 30-120W

*Woofer*
BIC-F12 Woofer
475 Watt Wired Subwoofer / 12inch

Some of the one that I saw were, but dont know if any of this is sufficient to run the setup above.

Denon S970
Denon S760
Denon 1700H
Denon 1800H
Denon 2800H

Dear audiophiles

Its been long I am disconnected with the world of audio and today I am here to get your suggestions on a new AVR that I need to purchase. I had a Denon X3300w, whose motherboard suddenly went kaput. I have following set up. Please suggest which AVR should I purchase. I mostly use this set up for movies and now dont get a lot of time so something that is long lasting, can decently run this set up and is below 1Lac INR is fine for me:

Rear Speakers*
Klipsch R-14 M
4inch/80hms/100watts/64-24,000 Hz

*Front side Speakers*
Elac B6
1" sik dome tweeter, 6-1/2" woofer, frequency response: 44-20,000 Hz, 6 ohms, 30-120W

*Center Speakers*
Elac C5
1" silk dome tweeter, 5-1/4" woofers, frequency response: 48-20,000 Hz, 6 ohms, 30-120W

*Woofer*
BIC-F12 Woofer
475 Watt Wired Subwoofer / 12inch

Some of the one that I saw were, but dont know if any of this is sufficient to run the setup above.

Denon S970
Denon S760
Denon 1700H
Denon 1800H
Denon 2800H
Add maranz cinema 60 or 50 also.
And if you are for movies only add pioneer and Onkyo rz50 also. As pioneer and onkyo has in built Dirac.
Prefer avr with preouts. So that you can add external power amp in future.

How about Yamaha RV 6a - it was launched in 2020/2021, is it worth buying. With tech advancing so fast, will I be able to use it for next 5 years.

To be honest nothing is future proof, new models get launched every 2/3 years by various brands. The Important question to ask yourself is how many hours in a day / week you will use the AVR? Will you use all the features or some? Accordingly then decide on the brand and model you want. Then check if a preowned one is available or if you can get a good deal for a new one.

This is my two cents on AV gear. Rest may have different views, honestly to get a nice hi end AVR, I would look at pre owned, audition / check and make the purchase.

To be honest nothing is future proof, new models get launched every 2/3 years by various brands. The Important question to ask yourself is how many hours in a day / week you will use the AVR? Will you use all the features or some? Accordingly then decide on the brand and model you want. Then check if a preowned one is available or if you can get a good deal for a new one.

This is my two cents on AV gear. Rest may have different views, honestly to get a nice hi end AVR, I would look at pre owned, audition / check and make the purchase.
Absolutely to the point. My previous one I owned for 5 years, and watched no more than 40 movies. So usage is low, tht is reason looking for budget AVR but at the same time dont want to replace it in next 2-3 years. Where to find a preowned one? I dont trust Olx and all, is there a better place to find one?

Absolutely to the point. My previous one I owned for 5 years, and watched no more than 40 movies. So usage is low, tht is reason looking for budget AVR but at the same time dont want to replace it in next 2-3 years. Where to find a preowned one? I dont trust Olx and all, is there a better place to find one?
Go with Denon x3800 or marantz cinema 60. Maranz 60 is 7.2 with preouts for 7 channels I
think

Hi, I have sent you DM regarding preowned one.

Unfortunately OLX is flooded mostly with reseller / dealer ads. Very few ads are from Individuals who list accurately all details. Thumb rule is to always check most functions performance before closing the deal, insist on this. There are also some good resellers who honestly sell products.

Other places to check is within Classified ads or within music AV groups over whatsapp.

Go with Denon x3800 or marantz cinema 60. Maranz 60 is 7.2 with preouts for 7 channels I
think

Earlier Marantz SR series only had all channels pre out. Now Marantz Cinema series have added preouts for all channels across all their models including the Cinema 70.

think
Integra DRX 3.4 is far better than Cinema 60. It’s the same price, has 9 x 100W with preouts on all channels, and has Dirac Live with the license included

Out of topic iam thinking of buy dirac limited bandwidth license. Is it worth? Currentkt i have audissy mobile app.

Out of topic iam thinking of buy dirac limited bandwidth license. Is it worth? Currentkt i have audissy mobile

Out of topic iam thinking of buy dirac limited bandwidth license. Is it worth? Currentkt i have audissy mobile app.
Limited bandwidth isn’t really worth it IMHO - if you’re buying, buy full bandwidth

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back