Power bank for Raspberry Pi...

sureshkn

Hi,
I have a Raspberry Pi 2 (1GB RAM) and want to run it from battery. I had purchased MI powerbank 10400mAh from ebay. But it is not powering up the Raspberry Pi, though it works fine with my mobile.

If anybody knows working Power bank model for Raspberry Pi 2 then please let me know.

Thanks,
Suresh.

Mostly what you have purchased from eBay is a fake mi battery bank, hence not working with rpi as it needs 1a of current minimum to work in most cases

Buy any good battery bank from amazon or flipkart like amzer, anker, huawei, artis and it will work for sure
Connect it to slot giving 2A current

Thanks rikhav & baijuxavior.

Last week I made a discovery. :)
I had put the power bank for charging in the previous night. So, all the 4 LEDs were glowing. With that Raspberry PI booted fine. It also works when 3 LEDs are glowing. Below that it does not work. I am not sure why. But now I have some working solution.

Thanks.

Thanks rikhav & baijuxavior.

Last week I made a discovery. :)
I had put the power bank for charging in the previous night. So, all the 4 LEDs were glowing. With that Raspberry PI booted fine. It also works when 3 LEDs are glowing. Below that it does not work. I am not sure why. But now I have some working solution.

Thanks.

That sounds like the powerbank is dropping current with drop in battery strength. I am not sure if that is the correct behavior.

MaSh

I have Mi 10400, purchased from flipkart. It works well till last led. I have 1tb hard disk and tplink wifi adapter connected to it. Recently, I have also attached a pi hat card similar to hifiberry digi+ it has green led glowing all the time but even after so many peripheral devices attached power bank works wery well.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back