Preamplifier

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date Start date
D

Deleted member 38504

What should I buy. I want a preamp with hdmi. Do they even make these kinds? Budget will be about 50-60k used or new.

OR

AVR that can replace my Marantz SR6009. So has to be better than the Marantz in terms of power and quality.

Main use is watching movies and connecting 4 outputs. Namely set top, PS4, media player and Blu-ray player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
You are looking for a HT processor or a stereo preamp with inputs for source and output to connect to a power amp ?

I’m looking for something to replace the Marantz. And yes it should connect to my existing Emotiva power amp.

Yes, just connect the front pre-outs on the AVR to the power amp. You can keep the centre connected as it is which you will lose with a 2 channel pre amp.

@elango and @Naturelover

Yes right now the Marantz is a pre. I know that. I want to replace the Marantz with something better. The current Emotiva power amp will still be in the setup.

So just to upgrade the avr to something which is better for your needs then the current one

Suggest u go for a separate pre matching Emotiva for better resolution .....
Sir, if u can find me a pre which has hdmi inputs for all my video sources, then please let me know. Because this is not a separate music system, I have to use this as a HT as well.

You may look at the MC 700 Emotiva Pre amp which meets your connectivity requirement, supports HDR etc.

You will need a mono power amp to support the center speaker...the exisiting power amp you have is only stereo.....possibly A 150? Not sure if this works in Bridge mode.

You can also look at possibly getting A 500 or the A 5175 ....which is 5 channels power amp ...this will take care of amplifying the speakers you currently have......You can possibly then sell the A 300 you have.....

Sir, if u can find me a pre which has hdmi inputs for all my video sources, then please let me know. Because this is not a separate music system, I have to use this as a HT as well.

So basically you need a Preamp/processor like this one http://us.marantz.com/us/products/pages/ProductDetails.aspx?CatId=AVSeparates&ProductId=AV8802A. I am not sure how much these retail for in India.

What do you find lacking in your marantz as a preamp ? Yes an avr as a dedicated preamp is not the same as what I linked above and if that's the improvement you are looking for, I get you.

MaSh

Agree with efernand1, MC700 ticks all the requirements. Separate power amp will be required for center. But the million dollar question.. will it be better than the Marantz 60xx? Probably not. Emotiva XMC1 is another option but way over budget.

another option is to upgrade to 70xx

I have seen some HDMI to AV output connectors available in ebay - for pretty cheap price. Infact i have used them earlier and sold them later. check out.

Option 01
Emotiva MC-700 as processer and A-300 for front and Marantz SR6009 for center and surround channels as power amplifier. Will sacrifice Dolby Atmos and DTS X and limited to Seven channel only.
Option 02
Little expensive but future proof.
Sell Marantz SR6009 and get SR6012.Use A300 for front speakers rest will be on Marantz SR6012.Later on add Emotiva A-5125 for complete Emotiva powerful amplication and Dolby Atmos and DTS -X channel on Marantz.

What do you find lacking in your marantz as a preamp ? Yes an avr as a dedicated preamp is not the same as what I linked above and if that's the improvement you are looking for, I get you.

MaSh[/QUOTE]

Nothing is lacking in the Marantz currently. Just feel like spending some money lol kidding! I guess this stupid upgraditis bug is what it is man. Sigh :rolleyes:

Yes right now the Marantz is a pre. I know that. I want to replace the Marantz with something better.

Budget will be about 50-60k used or new.

If you are planning to replace your AVR with a multi-channel processor, then highly doubtful in your budget.. Even used ones.. Brand new ones cost a bomb..

If you plan to replace it 2.0 pre-amp, then you will loose the HDMI & all the required features for movie..

@rpmahale rajesh, I won’t be adding any surrounds to this system. Only front and center.

Don’t need so many channels. Just want to upgrade on the current Marantz. Thanks.

If Emotiva has r/l gain control u can go for HDMI splitter , take the RCA L/R into Emotiva directly control output thru gain controller.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back