Recliners

nSinghal

Hello all. I'm contemplating getting recliners (a 2seater & a single seater) instead of sofas for my bedroom. Currently looking at these two from reclinersindia....
Style 365 | Reliners India (mrp 33k for single seater)
Style 369 | Reliners India (mrp 31k for single seater)

As far as comfort goes, there's no competition between regular sofas and recliners. Problem is, both of these, and every other recliner I saw there, looks just ugly. Checked out rocknchair (which also sells lazyboy recliners) online too but those too looked more or less the same.

So just want to know if there are other options out there which are comfortable as well as stylish (for lack of a better word) looking recliners.

Also, is the reclinersindia pricing fair for such recliners? The cost is 31k for model 369 (single seater) in leatherite with rocking and swivel options. I should be able to get atleast 15% discount on these (possible more). Same model costs 55k (mrp) for two seater option (no rocking and swivel possible on this one). 30k extra if I want it motorised. As I already mentioned, comfort level here is no issue. Pricing I have no idea how it compares to other similar options and looks wise, its not something I really want in my room. Please share your experience and suggestions if I can do better here. Thanks :)

Recliners will look more or less the same, I am afraid. If you don't like the looks, then that's really tough. DO NOT go for leatherette models. Leatherette is synthetic leather and look alike. The cloth does not breathe and it gets really hot and sweaty. Trust me - I had a sofa set (worth 35K) and I junked it after 4 years - gave it away for free to the society's library room. So either buy cloth or pure leather.

Do you really need motorized recliners? No doubt they are convenient but one can get manual lever based models for half the price. Or for the same price (31K), you may be able to get pure leather ones.

Well, leather options, atleast from reclinersindia, were really really costly. 20k extra per seat. They do claim to be using good quality stretchable leatherite which acc to them is a better fit for these recliners compared to regular leatherite available in the market. I know this as I asked them if it'd be possible to use some other leatherite available in the market which matches better with my bed and rest of the furniture. They were totally against it though left it to me in the end if I still wanted to go that route.

And yes, I'm probably not going to get the motorised version either. Just mentioned the pricing there. Also, they told me it'd be fine if I get the non motorised version today and want to make it motorised later on. Pricing will be the same plus whatever transportation costs will be involved.
Now If I get the same model 369 with leather, it'll cost me appx 50k for single seater and 90k+ for a two seater. Now that's a ridiculous pricing IMO. Not going to pay that much for sure. Btw,any idea what do they use in cinema hall recliner seats (which costs 4-500bucks per ticket)? If that's leatherite, I think I'll be fine with it. Never really had any issues with that fabric/leather. And don't intend to use these recliners for more than 2-3 hours at the absolute max.

Last edited:
Well, leather options, atleast from reclinersindia, were really really costly. 20k extra per seat. They do claim to be using good quality stretchable leatherite which acc to them is a better fit for these recliners compared to regular leatherite available in the market. I know this as I asked them if it'd be possible to use some other leatherite available in the market which matches better with my bed and rest of the furniture. They were totally against it though left it to me in the end if I still wanted to go that route.

And yes, I'm probably not going to get the motorised version either. Just mentioned the pricing there. Also, they told me it'd be fine if I get the non motorised version today and want to make it motorised later on. Pricing will be the same plus whatever transportation costs will be involved.
Now If I get the same model 369 with leather, it'll cost me appx 50k for single seater and 90k+ for a two seater. Now that's a ridiculous pricing IMO. Not going to pay that much for sure. Btw,any idea what do they use in cinema hall recliner seats (which costs 4-500bucks per ticket)? If that's leatherite, I think I'll be fine with it. Never really had any issues with that fabric/leather. And don't intend to use these recliners for more than 2-3 hours at the absolute max.
Never visited those "Gold/Premium" cinema halls. I plan to do so once nay I must do so once - for the experience at least though back of mind I know that they may not be worth. But I would expect that they must be using pure leather. Besides, the hall is heavily air-conditioned and that may nullify the sweating to a large extent. In my case, I had sofa in my hall and watching TV, sitting on it for 2 hours or so reading a book, the discomfort was distinct.

Pure leather is soft. My Honda Civic has leather seats and I do not find driving long distance any botheration/sweating, etc.

So, any idea how much a leather recliner should cost? Where can I find one which isn't as costly as the one I'm getting at reclinersindia? 30k per seat (after discounts) is the max I am willing to pay here.

I would advise the 365 because the back support is in 3 parts and it makes a lot of difference when u have to sit for more than an hour, the 3 part back support is better IMO.
Also i agree with buying leather ones and not synthetic leather.

I have 2 fabric ones from Damro - check model Leena from Recliners | Damro Furniture India. Is quite comfortable - I've ended up falling asleep in it many times. Total for both was approx 30k.

If you are more into looks of the thing and are simply looking for something to hold your legs up, get a conventional good looking cushion sofa and some cool ottomans (pouf) like this: Search and Buy Online in India - fabfurnish.com

Recliners do give better under-thigh support.

I would advise the 365 because the back support is in 3 parts and it makes a lot of difference when u have to sit for more than an hour, the 3 part back support is better IMO.
Also i agree with buying leather ones and not synthetic leather.
I tried both of them and both were very very comfortable. Chose 369 coz this one actually felt a tiny bit better than 365. Will make sure to try both of them again before deciding :)
That's a decent looking recliner for a really awesome price. Care to share how you feel about it now that you've had it for some time? How's the fabric holding up? Does it have breathing issues like j4k mentioned earlier?
I have 2 fabric ones from Damro - check model Leena from Recliners | Damro Furniture India. Is quite comfortable - I've ended up falling asleep in it many times. Total for both was approx 30k.

If you are more into looks of the thing and are simply looking for something to hold your legs up, get a conventional good looking cushion sofa and some cool ottomans (pouf) like this: Search and Buy Online in India - fabfurnish.com

Recliners do give better under-thigh support.

Tried something similar to those earlier. Certainly not as comfortable as the recliners. Also, Damro doesn't seem to have a presence in delhi.

I found the "Esteem" recliners from Damro to be pretty comfortable and made for HT use. I might get them for my HT room. Other option is Recliners India.

-John.

In my case i do not find the recliners look ugly but are very stylish and so on especially among the good branded ones.

In-fact this is the first time i am hearing that these look ugly but having said that indeed it is a personal choice, if one finds it ugly then there is no two ways about it, so truly it will be ugly for them therefore they should never go for a recliner and look for other options if any.

I am using a expensive recliner of Lazy boy in pure leather and find it extra ordinarily great in all respects.

V.

As far as comfort goes, there's no competition between regular sofas and recliners. Problem is, both of these, and every other recliner I saw there, looks just ugly. Checked out rocknchair (which also sells lazyboy recliners) online too but those too looked more or less the same.

Last edited:
In my case i do not find the recliners look ugly but are very stylish and so on especially among the good branded ones.

In-fact this is the first time i am hearing that these look ugly but having said that indeed it is a personal choice, if one finds it ugly then there is no two ways about it, so truly it will be ugly for them therefore they should never go for a recliner and look for other options if any.

I am using a expensive recliner of Lazy boy in pure leather and find it extra ordinarily great in all respects.

V.
If you compare it to your regular sofas, they look decent. But for use in a bedroom instead of a living room or a dedicated HT room, one can do a lot better IMHO. You will sacrifice some comfort for sure but you'll gain exponentially better looks too. A recliner is HUGE and lacks any sort of taste as far as design is concerned. It's a utilitarian object. Performance over looks. Nothing wrong with that approach but I was just wishing to find something which looks better without sacrificing too much on the performance front.

If you compare it to your regular sofas, they look decent. But for use in a bedroom instead of a living room or a dedicated HT room, one can do a lot better IMHO. You will sacrifice some comfort for sure but you'll gain exponentially better looks too. A recliner is HUGE and lacks any sort of taste as far as design is concerned. It's a utilitarian object. Performance over looks. Nothing wrong with that approach but I was just wishing to find something which looks better without sacrificing too much on the performance front.

Natuzzi Motion and function sofas RELAX MECHANISMS

went furniture shopping there yesterday. prices took my breath away

my wife's logic: - we change sofas less often than you change your projectors. so we should buy properly...

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back