Recommendations for a electrical socket adapter

Analogous

Since I have AV components from different parts of the world with different plug designs I need an adapter to plug them in.
I have been using a few from the local electrical parts store. Like this one:
IMG_0996.jpeg
A friend mentioned his experience with a similar one that malfunctioned and caused damage.
I was wondering if there are some which are well made available in India.
Eg: https://www.amazon.in/Panasonic-6A-...49-8c52-9552cee3582a&pd_rd_i=B07FZ18FMF&psc=1
Grateful for your recommendations.

I use these. No issues so far.
GM 3012 3 Pin Travel Universal Multi Plug Adaptor with Surge Protector and Indicator White Pack of 1
https://amzn.in/d/faXGE5v
OREI US to India Converter Plug, Universal Adapter Plug India, USA, UK to India Adapter Plug - Type D Adapter - 2 in 1 Canada to India Converter Plug - CE - RoHS - Black - 1 Pack.
https://amzn.in/d/4J5EqfC

Belkin and MX have decent power strips with surge/spike protection
MX has a model with individual switches per socket.

They can host Indian/European/US/UK plugs

Cheers,
Raghu

Belkin is decent, but if you want a good quality power distribution box then Barracuda from Sound Foundations is very good with Schneider switches and sockets. Besides you can plug in gear from most of the countries. You can contact Magma and check with him.

Belkin and MX have decent power strips with surge/spike protection
MX has a model with individual switches per socket.

They can host Indian/European/US/UK plugs

Cheers,
Raghu
Thanks Raghu. I have a decent distribution box. The cable from the box has a US style plug and the wall power socket at the house is our normal one. I need a good quality plug socket adapter.

is decent, but if you want a good quality power distribution box then Barracuda from Sound Foundations is very good with Schneider switches and sockets. Besides you can plug in gear from most of the countries. You can contact Magma and check with him.
Thanks . I use this distribution box (Barracuda)
The cable from the box plugs into a wall socket; I need a decent quality plug socket adapter.

Visit your nearest shop & ask for a 100% copper adapter. Brand doesn't matter.
Belkin strips are more prone of damaging equipments as uninformed people tend to overload it + they use low quality aluminum.

Since I have AV components from different parts of the world with different plug designs I need an adapter to plug them in.
I have been using a few from the local electrical parts store. Like this one:

Grateful for your recommendations.

The rotatable feature is great for the cannibal adapters that eat an additional socket.

Here is a good one. I have few of these. They fight nice and tight in the indian sockets.

1725419355268.png

I have plenty of the below ones. They are available in most roadside local electrical shops. The left one is Chinese make. The right one too is probably a Chinese product with the MX label stamped like many of the 'Make in India' products. These plugs also have fuse and are very sturdy. I have few of them (the chinese ones) which are 22+ years old. In contrast, none of my multi-plugs from Anchor have survived without developing a crack somewhere in the plastic housing.

1725418865239.png

1725418982659.png

1725419021054.png

I like the idea but concerned about the 3.5 star rating (8 buyers)
Also as the contact points will be moving would it be a risk for expensive equipment?
Good point, though the prong side of the plug rotates only when twisted to orient but stays locked in place thereafter until twisted again to orient.

I haven't got anything expensive connected via these and they've been in use for quite a while, but it's probably time to tear-down one of these to see what if anything could be a potential problem.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back