Rel T5x/Dali Menuet Se

AP@1992

Hello folks

Have recently put together a system consisting of Dali Meneut SE + SS7 Stands + Rel T/5x.

Need guidance on sub-integration. Whilst I trust my ears and I think I have dialed in the correct setting, further fiddling reveals better integration. Kind of frustrated.

Regards to placement (photos attached), I have only one place, so thats the challenge.

[Rest of the chain - Eversolo DMP A6 ME + Pontus II + Cayin AT88MKII running Mullards EL34 XF2 [put together through mogami IC's] + Telleurium Black Q2]

Would request all of your experience and methods in blending subs.

Speakers are 5.5 feet apart, listening distance is around 7 feet. Room opens to dinning/kitchen on the left and right glass window but the sub is next to the heavy curtains, as can be seen from the photo

PS:
Regards to sound quality of this new system and how it compares to the Dali Oberon 5 with this same chain, I will reserve my observation and put a post later after this new system is all burned in. I can only say that Dali Oberon 5 are not going anywhere.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-07-10 at 11.40.18.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-07-10 at 11.40.18.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Congratulations on the purchase.
When I had the t5i's I used to keep the crossover at full and the gain at 6 clicks, then I start to roll back on the crossover till the mid bass becomes clearer once I found a balance then I turned the gain up till it becomes ever so evident. In my setup the gain knob ended up at 9 clicks and the crossover at 13 clicks but will differ from setup to setup, placement to placement and room to room. It takes a few days time to find the balance that you feel is right.

Congratulations!! I was hunting for the Dali Menuets SE for a long time. When I did not get that, went in for the Falcons LS35A. Are you sure your speakers and subs are fully "burned in" before attempting the final adjustments ?

Congratulations!! I was hunting for the Dali Menuets SE for a long time. When I did not get that, went in for the Falcons LS35A. Are you sure your speakers and subs are fully "burned in" before attempting the final adjustments ?

I am halfway there qua the burn in.

I too hunted for Menuets SE for long. Either stock/ or the price was an issue. It all fell in place this time.

I am not sure Dali is producing them anymore.

Congratulations on the purchase.
When I had the t5i's I used to keep the crossover at full and the gain at 6 clicks, then I start to roll back on the crossover till the mid bass becomes clearer once I found a balance then I turned the gain up till it becomes ever so evident. In my setup the gain knob ended up at 9 clicks and the crossover at 13 clicks but will differ from setup to setup, placement to placement and room to room. It takes a few days time to find the balance that you feel is right.

Thanks for your advice.

May I ask, what was the speaker
/Room size and amp used here ?

Thanks for your advice.

May I ask, what was the speaker
/Room size and amp used here ?
Room size 450cm X 355cm,
Subs(now sold) : 2 X Rel T5iGain = G and Crossover = C
Speakers : Tannoy DC6(18C and 12G), ATC scm11(16C and 9G) and Joseph audio pulsar(13C and 9G).
Amplifier : Sugden a21se signature and Mcintosh MA252

Only got to use the mcintosh with Pulsar and the sub settings were 12C and 10G

Room size 450cm X 355cm,
Speakers : Tannoy DC6(18C and 12G), ATC scm11(16C and 9G) and Joseph audio pulsar(13C and 9G).

Thank you. This helps.

Room size 450cm X 355cm,

any particular track that you used to test the mid-bass becoming clear and distinguishable.

Its best to use songs your are familiar with. There is no right or wrong song for it, just try to choose the one's which are not boosted in the bass
Simply red's Holding back the years and If you don't know me by now, george michaels father figure, tina turner's private dancer some of the one's I use but if there are any other that you are more familiar with go ahead and use them.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back