Sennheiser PX-80 or PX-100 II

Fillmore

Hi,

Intend to get a set of headphones for music.

The Sennheiser PX-100 II costs twice as much as the PX-80, however tech specs wise they are almost alike.

Does anyone have any experience of the 2 , wanted to know if there is a significant superior sound quality that the PX-100 II has over the PX-80.

Thanks
Fillmore

Have been using the PX-100 II for 2 years now.Very smooth mid-range and treble. It has a dark sound which I really like, but a bit more bass than I would prefer(I use the bass reducer option in my iPod when using these). The older PX-100 was supposed to be more balanced.

Very light and comfortable too...which means hours of listening with no discomfort at all. Haven't tried the PX80 so if possible, better to audition and choose between the two.

I have read that PX 100 first generation has been rebranded as PX 80 and sold in select markets for a lower price. As per reviews, PX 100 II is an improvement over original PX 100.

Sennheiser has a showroom in Cunningham road where you should be able to get a demo of these headphones. Try them out before deciding.

What will be the price of PX100

All,

Thanks for your inputs.

My pkg of the Sennheiser PX-100 ii has arrived.
Did some testing of different tracks.

Awesome Sound, bass heavier than the prev model PX-80.
Sturdy build quality and looks better. A bit more compact than the Px-80, single cable out unlike 2 cables from either ear which converge into a single one in the prev model.

This one comes with a synthetic pouch where as the PX-80 comes in a hard case.

All in all

Px-80 available from 1.2+k
Px-100ii available from 4.2+k

Sound quality is there as much difference ?
Unfortunately no, the PX100ii is about 10% better than the PX80 in terms of sound quality.

So if you pickup the Px-80 you would not be missing much.

Tested with a Cowon D2+

Ps: I owned a PX-80 , which was about 6yrs old and had one of the headphone holders cracked.

Thanks
Fillmore

Last edited:
I have read that PX 100 first generation has been rebranded as PX 80 and sold in select markets for a lower price. As per reviews, PX 100 II is an improvement over original PX 100.

Sennheiser has a showroom in Cunningham road where you should be able to get a demo of these headphones. Try them out before deciding.

I skipped the 100's after plugging them and the 80's into my phone (the main listening point). Foam pads let enough sound in to listen and not be too isolated, but the balance and bass extension seemed really on the mark for a higher price point....

i.e. PX80 is a bargain - but the foam pads don't last forever, so grab some spares.

Of course, there's no advice better than preparing a nice playlist and going to test them yourself...

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back