Setting up a modest HI-FI system.

himanshubhaimehta

Hola!

Am looking to set up a modest hi-fi system for my bedroom/living room. I used to have a Bose Lifestyle 20 music system eons ago. My tastes are varied but I detest anything like trance, heavy metal etc. I have a 300 CDs collection. I am disabled, so am thinking that may be I should go in for a wi-fi based system. By the way, have they stopped making CD-changers? That could also work for me as I could put 6 CDs into my Bose that would give me 6 hours of playback without getting up from my seat. I got myself a Sennheiser soundbar 2-3 ago but I think there was either something wrong with the soundbar or my wi-fi/bluetooth. Sennheiser couldn't get to the bottom of it. Sennheiser, Bass & Treble were kind enough to take the soundbar back and refund me the money. I did put in a Netgear Orbi Mesh system, a 1 KVA EATON UPS to support the soundbar and upgraded my phone from a One Plus 7 to a Samsung S20 but all to no avail. I might want to connect my TV (has eArc) to the system but it is not a dealbreaker. Am not expecting a home theatre like experience as that would mean wires all over the place probably.

Am based out of Greater Noida and I work at Noida with Network18.

I look forward to guidance.

Himanshu, I invite you to my house for a demo.

Stereo HiFi Rig: Cambridge Audio Cxn v2 + Cyrus6 / Elekit tu 8730 300b + ASI Live line power cable + ASI Live line Reference IC + Townsend Isolda speaker cables + Linn Keilidh speakers

Himanshu, I invite you to my house for a demo.

Stereo HiFi Rig: Cambridge Audio Cxn v2 + Cyrus6 / Elekit tu 8730 300b + ASI Live line power cable + ASI Live line Reference IC + Townsend Isolda speaker cables + Linn Keilidh speakers

Thank you, Heliumflight. By the way, nothing looks modest in your system :)

Last edited by a moderator:
As for your CDs, have you considered ripping them into an external hard disk drive (HDD)? You could play the same through a computer, or connect to a streamer. Most streamers come with their mobile app through which it’s easier to access and play your collection without the need to get up.

Last edited:
As for your CD, have you considered ripping them into an external hard disk drive (HDD)? You could play the same through a computer, or connect to a streamer. Most streamers come with their mobile app through which it’s easier to access and play your collection without the need to get up.
Many years ago, I attached an apple airport to the aux port of my Bose lifestyle 20 music system, ripped my CD collection to iTunes, subscribed to Apple Match, and could stream music to my system using my iPad.
I was hoping to avoid going through so many hoops and jumps. Want a system that comes with a CD ripper (if possible, not a dealbreaker - I just seem to have read somewhere about such a system) and the harddrive (not a dealbreaker again) baked into the system or high-resolution playback capable streaming apps.

Many years ago, I attached an apple airport to the aux port of my Bose lifestyle 20 music system, ripped my CD collection to iTunes, subscribed to Apple Match, and could stream music to my system using my iPad.
I was hoping to avoid going through so many hoops and jumps. Want a system that comes with a CD ripper (if possible, not a dealbreaker - I just seem to have read somewhere about such a system) and the harddrive (not a dealbreaker again) baked into the system or high-resolution playback capable streaming apps.
Then you should be looking at the BlueSound Vault.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back