Sliding drawer mechanism for UST

Pragunjain

Hi,
I am looking to buy a UST projector but concerned about the placement.
I am anyway going to build a cabinet from scratch for the projector and was thinking of going with slide out drawer (as shown in the sample image) but I am not sure if these are just normal sliding chanels or they are different.
I want the slide out channels to have a locking function so that every time I open it it opens to the correct position and also should be locked in place and not close easily unless I want to.IMG_7543.jpeg

Hi,
I am looking to buy a UST projector but concerned about the placement.
I am anyway going to build a cabinet from scratch for the projector and was thinking of going with slide out drawer (as shown in the sample image) but I am not sure if these are just normal sliding chanels or they are different.
That looks like an ordinary telescopic sliding channel,, which are normal in kitchen/office drawers. However, those are not precision and will not sturdy when it is extended for full length, the Balls may become loose and chances of drop. If the budget is not constraint and you need a good and durable sliding system, you can go for Industrial type telesccopic lenear slides from brands like https://www.elesa-ganter.in/en/ind/telescopic-slides--1#

That looks like an ordinary telescopic sliding channel,, which are normal in kitchen/office drawers. However, those are not precision and will not sturdy when it is extended for full length, the Balls may become loose and chances of drop. If the budget is not constraint and you need a good and durable sliding system, you can go for Industrial type telesccopic lenear slides from brands like https://www.elesa-ganter.in/en/ind/telescopic-slides--1#
I can spend a little extra for quality. I can go for higher quality heittich brand as that is in the scope of interior contract we have signed. Also I think the next higher thing would be the motorised slide which is costing me around 30-35k. Not willing to spend this much

Not sure. That’s why I am confused

Of course it should. In fact you can add 3 depending on the height of the drawer as well as the depth.

Can even look at hydraulic drawer channels. Though not sure how strong they usually are.

You can keep it open and closed in specific positions with creative positioning of strong magnets. Though that won't stop the shutting of the drawer if someone pushes with force. For that something as simple as a latch or door bolt should help

Of course it should. In fact you can add 3 depending on the height of the drawer as well as the depth.

Can even look at hydraulic drawer channels. Though not sure how strong they usually are.

You can keep it open and closed in specific positions with creative positioning of strong magnets. Though that won't stop the shutting of the drawer if someone pushes with force. For that something as simple as a latch or door bolt should help
Sounds like a good idea. Using magnets should solve the positioning problem

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back