Small amp for desktop setup

Naturelover

Staff member
My age old Altec Lansing 2.1 has given up and I am needing a desktop setup.
I have an old pair of Quad Lites. Good enough for the purpose.
I need to get a budget small form factor amp for these.
Fosi and Aiyima are on the list. No idea what models to look at.
Don't really need BT.
Looking for suggestions.
Used would also be welcome.
Thanks

Don't really need BT.
Looking for suggestions.
Thanks
Few months back tried an amp board from amazon as replacement for a blue tooth boom box. That board was unbelievably smooth and powerful. I can share the link if u want to take the diy path of finding a powersupply for it. Ayima and fosi audio are excellent choice!

Few months back tried an amp board from amazon as replacement for a blue tooth boom box. That board was unbelievably smooth and powerful. I can share the link if u want to take the diy path of finding a powersupply for it. Ayima and fosi audio are excellent choice!
Thanks, but not into DIY at all

I’ve used an Aiyima A07 max in a similar application. Tiny desktop footprint and enough power. The outboard power supply can be tucked in wherever you have space. Has a single input though, which isn’t a problem for desktop use.

Yes, the Aiyima as others have mentioned, I used it with my Dali Zensor 1s and a Creative USB sound card. Aiyima did not disappoint for the desktop setup and the Dalis sounded great at a nearfield listening situation. Some cheap acoustic foam behind the laptop (on the wall facing me) for me and it was belying the 'nearfield' nature of the setup. Pin point imaging and a decent stage, I could not believe it, it was immediate and intimate and yet, it was spacious. Immense pleasure from a very small expense, all that this passion is about (when it all works!).

Agree with recommendations of most of the folks here.

Since you haven't mentioned your budget, on the lower end, the AIYIMA A07 is still a rock solid option for desktop use. I use them (op amp rolled with LM4562NA Op Amp) in my desktop system and they sound fantastic, great imaging no distortion, very clean sounding and overall a great VFM.

If you are looking for a mono configuration in the future then AIYIMA A07 Max is also an excellent VFM option.

Other options are Fosi BT20A Pro & Fosi ZA3 (you get 2 AIYIMA A07 Max for the price of 1 Fosi ZA3 amp) that you can consider based on your budget. Fosi ZA3 also supports mono configuration again used by many FM's here.

Hope this helps.

Don't really need BT.
Looking for suggestions.
Thanks
There is a Naim Uniti Qute2 on OLX.

https://www.olx.in/item/tvs-video-a...eamer-in-att-colony-coimbatore-iid-1756309029 .​

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back