Sonodyne Roarr 108 ?? Isit a decent Subwhoof

Hi Sushant,

I have a Roarr 108, it is a very good 8" subwoofer and I would say it is one of the best 8" subwoofer. But Sonodyne has stopped manufacturing this model, instead they have lunched the new model called 1108. Whoever is having this model is old stock and you should ask for minimum 20% to 25% discount(MRP is 22K after 25% discount it would be 16.5k).

If you are planning to buy Roarr108 with 19K then I would suggest you to extend your budget by another 5K and go for 10" subwoofer from Taga or Sonodyne 1210.

Regards
Sujit

@ Sushant - I have recently bought TAGA TSW 120 v.2 from Hifimart.com
For the price you're looking to get Sonodyne, it is certainly worth an investment if you would consider buying TAGA TSW 120 v.2 - with its 120 watts continous power driven by 10 inch woofer makes the low end frequencies sound better (28hz) My hall is so much spacious (21x21) and it just fills up the room.. (I also have another sub onkyo skw 501e 80watts but Taga alone can certainly shake up medium sized rooms (above 200 to 500 sq)

It is really good for movies but for music I haven't really listened too much so it's hard to say.. but my preference is only for movies and tv so am fine with it.

Just highlighting you that subwoofers are crucial components in home theater system as it serves the purpose of being inside "Theater" so do not compromise on low frequencies as it is just an one time investment.

Thanks

I have the bigger brother, the 10 inch version. It is only 'ok', that too for movies. For music it has monosyllabic answers for every question, that is an incoherent 'boom'. I find it atrocious for music, probably wrong to expect anything more at this price point.

For movies I can not complain, again at this price it does a decent job.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back