Soundbar as an alternate to 5.1 setup

sgmane

Suggest a soundbar as an alternate to 5.1 HT or HTIB.
Yes, i understand there is no alternate for separate components.
But the main criteria is: Space constraint and need a cluster free setup. It's a rented place and no nails piercing or other setup's (speaker stands) can be done. Cannot run the cables round the corners!!
I see most of them are 2.1 or 3.1.

Looking at Yamaha ysp-2200 (good reviews), but it's way beyond budget. Is there any with such features in upto 40k range?
For:
100% usage - for movies.
Room Space: 10 x 12 size.
DTS, Dolby etc.
Optical,Coaxial,(or RCA), HDMI
Should have a After-Sales-Service to be on safer side because of the investment.

If a 5.1 not possible, then
Ok - as known a pure 5.1 cannot be expected from soundbar, do suggest me a 3.1. Note - This is for movie experience as a whole, and so would like to get the maximum out of the soundbar.
Thanks.

Thanks @sound_maestro.
I have seen it earlier. I am looking for 5.1 alternative. And this purely for movies.

Take a look at the Fidelio series from Philips, its a sound bar with detachable surround speakers for the times you want to create that really engaging movie experince,
Other than this Yamaha and Sonodyne make very capable sound bars.

@rav_mk1. Thanks.
Fidelio reviews informs about the wireless rear (detachable) speakers comes for about 4-5 hours before it needs to be recharged again. (Even though its advt as 10hrs!!)
Can you mention the model in Sonodyne? Yamaha is known for their sound bars. If nothing come's closer, i would look in for ysp-1400. YSP-2200 has DTS Dolby, Digital sorround, DTA Master, DTS-HD and it performs decent even for music! (Even though my requirement is only for movies) Only hitch is too pricey!!

SONODYNE sonodyne EXbar
SONODYNE this is P qube which is a 2.1 system with virtual surround tech in it, but you need processed signal with this and your TV can do that for you so it is also an interesting option.
Cheers

I am looking for an optical IN. This is pure for movies and i would want to get the most of it. I can then do a justice to my 7.1 (Dolby) media player which has a optical out even though my TV does not support a optical out!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back