Spare part not available within 5 yrs of purchase

vidh2024

How long a tv company should provide spare parts.. Within 5 years(from the date of purchase) , VU company don't have the spare part. As a customer what can we do?Shouldn't the company provide a compensation if they are unable to provide spare parts atleast for a minimum number of years.Without approaching consumer court, is it possible to get a solution for this? I sent emails to vu, but their reply is spare part not available.

Companies like samsung provide compensation if they are unable to provide spare parts for minimum number of years.

Last edited:
I had purchased a Panasonic TV from Amazon last year. In the warranty period, the panel got damaged, and when I called the service centre, they said the TV model I had was disconnected, so they didn't repair my TV. My brother complained to higher officials of Panasonic, and after a lot of arguments and fights, they replaced it with a new TV. This is the worst and strangest experience for me. When I was a kid, we had a videocon CRT TV, which we used for almost 15 years. All spares are available during these periods.

Now they don't provide spares, so we will buy new models, or they will simply discontinue the models.

How long a tv company should provide spare parts.. Within 5 years(from the date of purchase) , VU company don't have the spare part. As a customer what can we do?Shouldn't the company provide a compensation if they are unable to provide spare parts atleast for a minimum number of years.Without approaching consumer court, is it possible to get a solution for this? I sent emails to vu, but their reply is spare part not available.

Companies like samsung provide compensation if they are unable to provide spare parts for minimum number of years.
There is no specific law in India governing this. Try complaining over social media.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back