Speaker Stand for Buchardt Audio S400 MKII

krishnan.s

Good day friends!

Any suggestion for a good speaker stand for Buchardt Audio S400 MKII? The ones that come from Buchardt have to be ordered separate.
Looking for alternates. Any experience with Solid Steel SS-5/6?

Thank you.

Good day friends!

Any suggestion for a good speaker stand for Buchardt Audio S400 MKII? The ones that come from Buchardt have to be ordered separate.

Thank you.
Hi,
Not a reply to your query. But how good is the Buchardt's? Did you buy it directly from Burchardts or through a local dealer and what is the cost incurred, if you don't mind sharing?

Hi,
Not a reply to your query. But how good is the Buchardt's? Did you buy it directly from Burchardts or through a local dealer and what is the cost incurred, if you don't mind sharing?
The MKII have some great reviews and I thought I would try them. I have just placed an order directly with Buchardt. I should get them in about a week or two. There was a thanks giving offer on S400's @ EUR 1900/-. I would know the actual landing cost only when they clear customs. Will keep you posted.

The MKII have some great reviews and I thought I would try them. I have just placed an order directly with Buchardt. I should get them in about a week or two. There was a thanks giving offer on S400's @ EUR 1900/-. I would know the actual landing cost only when they clear customs. Will keep you posted.
Nice.
Unfortunately, they don't reimburse tax and import costs incurred for Indian customers unlike they do in many other countries.

Nice.
Unfortunately, they don't reimburse tax and import costs incurred for Indian customers unlike they do in many other countries.
Buchardt gives a 20% discount for countries where they don't reimburse. You can write to them if you plan to buy.

Good day friends!

Thank you.
Sound Foundations ....seems like a no brainer for your S400. Possibility of getting a custom one made sounds terrific to me coz they surely deserve em.You can check with them as they have so many builds to offer.

Has
Hans
Replied to your mail ??

Buchardt had stopped serving Indian customers since the red tape they encountered while shipping and the 43% duty ( including customs , recent new surcharge on loudspeakers and gst )
makes it unviable for them

In addition
They had some headaches with clearing agents

If they have sorted it out
They will inform you if any additional cost

Alternatively
It's possible they might direct you to thier partners in india ( though officially they don't have things like dealers for the rest of the world )
There are 2 of them

+1.
Reach out to fm @magma .
Thank you.
Hi,
@MNX , the S400's arrived. I incurred a 43% customs duty on the invoice value. There was an offer on S400 back then on the old price. I believe the prices have now increased. Please check the latest price.

Cost breakup:
----------------
LP => list price on Buchardt web site, which includes shipping by UPS. Arrived in 4 days at door step.
Discount = 20% LP //20% offered by Buchardt for customers for who they don't cover the duty.
Cost = LP - Discount
Duty = Cost * 43%
Landing cost = Cost + Duty

So technically one would end up paying ~23% as customs duty after the 20% discount offered by Buchardt, that includes international shipping.

My personal take: It's worth. The speakers need a 50Hr burn in. But per my initial listening, they are really good for that price point. Since it's a D2C, the actual product cost is kept low. Please note, I didn't order the stands from there.

Hope this helps.

Best!

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulations, these are good speakers and have heard only praises.
let us know your initial impressions and comparisons if any.
4 days is a quick time for delivery!

@MNX , the S400's arrived. I incurred a 43% customs duty on the invoice value. There was an offer on S400 back then on the old price. I believe the prices have now increased. Please check the latest price.

Cost breakup:
----------------
LP => list price on Buchardt web site, which includes shipping by UPS. Arrived in 4 days at door step.
Discount = 20% LP //20% offered by Buchardt for customers for who they don't cover the duty.
Cost = LP - Discount
Duty = Cost * 43%
Landing cost = Cost + Duty

So technically one would end up paying ~23% as customs duty after the 20% discount offered by Buchardt, that includes international shipping.

My personal take: It's worth. The speakers need a 50Hr burn in. But per my initial listening, they are really good for that price point. Since it's a D2C, the actual product cost is kept low. Please note, I didn't order the stands from there.

Hope this helps.

Best!
too bad you're so far away from ncr would have loved to have dropped in for a listen

too bad you're so far away from ncr would have loved to have dropped in for a listen
Hmm.. give me a shout if you happen to touch Chennai borders!
Hey
I also just ordered mine!
What amp are you pairing it with? Also, did you manage to get some good stands?
@sethsamridh Awesome! congratulations!
I have paired with a pair of schitt audio vidars ( mono-blocks ), with a passive pre from tortuga audio.
stands - am still shopping. Tried solid steel , they are good. Looking at sound foundations and dyn audio as well. Yet to decide.

Mod's Note:
Back to back posts have been merged. Multi-quote back to back posts in a single post to reduce clutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All,
I want to ask if anyone has tried Monolith 28" speaker stands for Buchardt Audio S400 MKII; I'm also in dilemma whether to buy their stands which are expensive or buy Monolith stands in 28”, which are also recommended by Mads Buchardt when I had an email exchange with him.

Best;

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back