SPL meter

sidvee

Has anyone tried this type of meter from amazon? I am not happy with my phone based meters and want to buy one. My old radioshack meter is not functional anymore.
Cheers,
Sid

Has anyone tried this type of meter from amazon? I am not happy with my phone based meters and want to buy one. My old radioshack meter is not functional anymore.
Cheers,
Sid
Decibel X???

Check out this video! I have been using Decibel X for a couple years to setup almost all things speakers :)

Just buy a phone tripod of sort - so you can put it at ear level. Anything works actually - I sometimes use a stack of books :)

If you have any calibrated measurement mic with calibration files, like the Dayyon Audio UMM-6, then you can connect it to your laptop and use the SPL Meter function using measurement software like REW.

What I have done is calibrated my mobile phone SPL meter using the Dayton Audio mic once and after that using the mobile SPL meter for casual levelling.

I have a dayton imm-6 and have downloaded the calibration file to the audio tool app on my android phone. However I find it difficult to use - by which I mean positioning it etc., yes I rigged some kind of a tripod etc., but for simple channel level balancing for ht, I prefer my old radioshack meter which died on me, hence I wanted something similar. For now I am using this, and the audio tool app is quite useful.
Cheers,
Sid

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back