stereo or avr

amallalone

Hii to all..I am new here..want to start with two bookshelf speakers either with stereo amp or with a avr..later I will build my home theatre setup..now the problem is whether I should go for a stereo amp under 20000 rs..or buying an avr like marantz nr1506 costing 49k will serve both my need..that is music and movies..my question is whether marantz nr1506 outperform stereo amp like Cambridge audio topaz 10..if not I will only buy a stereo amp now..plz suggest members

NR1506 is a good entry level AVR. Yes it will be better than CA Topaz 10.
You get a dual purpose system, with DAC/BT/Network and 2.2 preout.
Don't be disappointed by 50W rating. It is very good for small spaces.
If you can stretch to AVR budget, NR1506 is a very good choice.
Cheers,
Raghu

Thanks for reply..within 20000 RS budget I decided to chose pioneer spbs22 as my stereo need..will that be a good combi with marantz nr1506..

Don't worry about AVR outperforming an stereo integrated amplifier...If you have a good source (CD's or Digital files MP3, FLAC, WAV), an AVR can keep you easily happy..

If you are not stuck with Marantz, you can consider modestly priced Pioneer AVR's too..

I have been listening to music on my AVR for more than 10 yrs time and happy with it...

Hi

I have used different brands of AVRs....Marantz has been doing well for me for the past 3+ years now...very musical and movie performance is great.

You need to audition and decide what suits your budget and expectations. The AVR can be a central hub to connect all Media devices...carry your kind of music and decide....all the best

Some dealer in olx saying marantz nr1506 abt 39k..while others can't give below 46k..is it OK..or there is something fishy ..

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back