Subs - Choosing between RELs

chander

Hi,

Recently upgraded my HT system to -
Denon X3800H + KEF LS50 Meta LCR.

Wanted to upgrade the Subwoofer as the last piece of kit. The current subwoofer is a QAcoustics QB12 - however the size is an issues and that is the only reason why it has to go, I absolutely love the sub, but gotta get rid of it. So the subs have to be small - atleast significantly smaller than the QB12.

QB dimensions are - (16.8 x 15.7 x 17.3 in)

*****Please note - this system is used almost 80% of time for Movies & Series playback & 20% of times for music - that is when we entertain guests - so no critical listening is happening.

The options are -

1 - Dual REL t7i. (12 x 14.3 x 15 in.) - USED - I can easily hide one of these on the side of the sofa with the wireless kit.
2 - Single REL HT 1003 (14.25 in. x 13.25 in. x 15.25 in)

I am not looking at SVS or JL Audio & I am looking at something under Rs. 1Lakh. Both these choices fit the criteria.

Thanks!

What are your room dimensions? I am using a a REL HT/1003 MKII and very happy. My room is 17,10, and TV and sofa is along the width, 9ish feet away. Although audyssey says the subwoofer is 11.5 feet away

Hi,

Recently upgraded my HT system to -
Denon X3800H + KEF LS50 Meta LCR.

Wanted to upgrade the Subwoofer as the last piece of kit. The current subwoofer is a QAcoustics QB12 - however the size is an issues and that is the only reason why it has to go, I absolutely love the sub, but gotta get rid of it. So the subs have to be small - atleast significantly smaller than the QB12.

QB dimensions are - (16.8 x 15.7 x 17.3 in)

*****Please note - this system is used almost 80% of time for Movies & Series playback & 20% of times for music - that is when we entertain guests - so no critical listening is happening.

The options are -

1 - Dual REL t7i. (12 x 14.3 x 15 in.) - USED - I can easily hide one of these on the side of the sofa with the wireless kit.
2 - Single REL HT 1003 (14.25 in. x 13.25 in. x 15.25 in)

I am not looking at SVS or JL Audio & I am looking at something under Rs. 1Lakh. Both these choices fit the criteria.

Thanks!
Get the 2 rels and work on the right asymmetric placement and that's all you need !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back