Suggest a good Atmos HT setup

Chitragar

Hi folks,
I'm new here and don't know much about home theaters but I always wanted to have one in my living room. So i was planning to set one up by diwali.

I would be mostly watching movies n very lil music.

A friend of mine said he can carry denon avr x3600h from US.

I need suggestion for 5.1.2 speakers under 2l

I'm attaching a floormap of my living room.PSX_20190906_122615.jpg

Last edited:
Hi folks,
I'm new here and don't know much about home theaters but I always wanted to have one in my living room. So i was planning to set one up by diwali.

I would be mostly watching movies n very lil music.

A friend of mine said he can carry denon avr x3600h from US.

I need suggestion for 5.1.2 speakers under 2l

I'm attaching a floormap of my living room.View attachment 38887
3600 is a very good avr. Speakers you have a huge variety and all will have different performance. So you will have to audition the available brands within your budget. Dali zensor series will be very good. Other brands within your budget are Polk, Taga harmony, wharfadale and many more. Subwoofer economical route would be Bic America.

3600 is a very good avr.
Is it a good idea to get it from US keeping in mind warranty/ service non availability vs. cost saving
Speakers you have a huge variety and all will have different performance. So you will have to audition the available brands within your budget. Dali zensor series will be very good. Other brands within your budget are Polk, Taga harmony, wharfadale and many more. Subwoofer economical route would be Bic America.
I too am looking at wharfedale, qacoustics and Polk
And a SVS PB1000

I would be mostly watching movies n very lil music. I need suggestion for 5.1.2 speakers under 2l

Denon x 3600 is a good choice.. From your room layout, you can do 7.1.4 set-up.. Better to aim for 7.1.2 now and then add a power amp to expand it to 7.1.4 in the future..

Try to pick a speaker whichever you like (or) wherever you get a good deal.. If possible repeat the same speaker all around your room.. Consider bookshelf speakers..

Is it a good idea to get it from US keeping in mind warranty/ service non availability vs. cost saving

I too am looking at wharfedale, qacoustics and Polk
And a SVS PB1000
Well there are draw backs with getting avr from us. First is you wil have to use a step down transformer. Then getting it serviced is a headache. Most of the service centre’s deny av gears purchased from abroad. If price difference is huge yes you can get the avr from us. But now days with strong negotiating skills you can get the avr’s for a good price in India itself. My bro got a PS4 from Australia and Sony service centre denied service straight away.

Denon x 3600 is a good choice.. From your room layout, you can do 7.1.4 set-up.. Better to aim for 7.1.2 now and then add a power amp to expand it to 7.1.4 in the future..

Try to pick a speaker whichever you like (or) wherever you get a good deal.. If possible repeat the same speaker all around your room.. Consider bookshelf speakers..
As of now I'm thinking of 5.1.2 will definitely think about 7.1.2.
Next week I'm visiting Bangalore will definitely try these.
It would be a great help if anybody here could pitch details of dealers of Polk, wharfedale, qacoustics and denon.

Well there are draw backs with getting avr from us. First is you wil have to use a step down transformer. Then getting it serviced is a headache. Most of the service centre’s deny av gears purchased from abroad. If price difference is huge yes you can get the avr from us. But now days with strong negotiating skills you can get the avr’s for a good price in India itself. My bro got a PS4 from Australia and Sony service centre denied service straight away.
Ya I'm aware of the stepdowns, and the price of the avr was $1100 last week n is $900 today. Converting it it will cost me around rs.65000...
What price can I expect it to be if I buy it here?

Ya I'm aware of the stepdowns, and the price of the avr was $1100 last week n is $900 today. Converting it it will cost me around rs.65000...
What price can I expect it to be if I buy it here?
3600 will be in the price bracket of Marantz 6013/6014. 65k is a very good price and definitely in India the 3600 will be sold around 90-1L and in grey for 70-75k

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back