Suggest speaker cable for QA concept 20

gurujee

Hi,
I have connected my concept 20s with DAC SPY211. The problem is the banana plugs donot fit tight into the speaker and kind of very loose. Also they are so stiff that I am having hard time hiding them. I also wonder if anything out there which may make the sound better (if possible- to get more sparkle on top end and meatier midrange)

QA advices to go for QED XT40i which doesnt seem to available at India, have to order from futureshop.co.uk
Is there anything similar that can be ordered within india in the same price range ? How is Mogami 2477 ?

Last edited:
Hi,
I have connected my concept 20s with DAC SPY211. The problem is the banana plugs donot fit tight into the speaker and kind of very loose. Also they are so stiff that I am having hard time hiding them. I also wonder if anything out there which may make the sound better (if possible- to get more sparkle on top end and meatier midrange)

QA advices to go for QED XT40i which doesnt seem to available at India, have to order from futureshop.co.uk
Is there anything similar that can be ordered within india in the same price range ? How is Mogami 2477 ?
Hi :)

I've tried a lot of cables on the concept 40's, but they really dont change much with cables in my experience. But I do have the same problem of banana plugs not sitting tight, and slipping out. I finally settled on a pair of bare wire Auditorium A23's so that I can screw them tight. Besides, these cables were thin enough to fit neatly through small holes I made in my AV rack. So apart from this convenience, dont think they sounded any better than the previous cables I tried.

So most bare wire mogami or supra or belden will be safe choices in my opinion.

Hi :)

I've tried a lot of cables on the concept 40's, but they really dont change much with cables in my experience. But I do have the same problem of banana plugs not sitting tight, and slipping out. I finally settled on a pair of bare wire Auditorium A23's so that I can screw them tight. Besides, these cables were thin enough to fit neatly through small holes I made in my AV rack. So apart from this convenience, dont think they sounded any better than the previous cables I tried.

So most bare wire mogami or supra or belden will be safe choices in my opinion.
Thank you monohar ji 🙏 for sharing the expereince and the valuable information. I have read that mogami, especially has a warm characteristic. Glad to know it remains neutral in case of Concepts.

(if possible- to get more sparkle on top end and meatier midrange)
Use the vari-strand cables. they give absolutely what you have asked for. I have been using is for about an year now with my upgraded lintons. the first thing I noticed is the extended highs, bold midrange.

Here is the making thread of my cable, which can be helpful to you.

Use the vari-strand cables. they give absolutely what you have asked for. I have been using is for about an year now with my upgraded lintons. the first thing I noticed is the extended highs, bold midrange.

Here is the making thread of my cable, which can be helpful to you.
With Absolute Zero skills of DIY-ed person like me, where to source from with terminated end? Thanks.

I am using it after using Mogami 3082.
I felt resolution, vocal clarity, the meaty in vocals/mid, a bit more tight bass has gone one-two notch up.
Happy with performance of this cable.
3082 is still in play with other setup.
2477 is with my primary setup now.
Hi even I'm contemplating whether to go in for the mogami 2477 or the dac spy211

My setup:

Audirvana studio playing cd rips
Inakustic usb cable
Topping d90 dac
Zeus z1 balanced interconnects
Pulz ha 400 power amp
Monitor audio bronze 5 floorstanders

Any insights would be appreciated :)

Finally got QED QED XT40i Speaker Cables (with AIRLOCK banana) from abroad. The best thing is it is totally fit in to the speaker, not slipping out. I got it with 96 hours pre-burn in option. But the sound is little subdued at the moment, like something is holding back, not as clear as my previous DAC SPY211.

Do anyone have anyone expereince with pre-burn in cables?, whether it require additional burn-in hours to open up fully?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back