Suggestion for an entry level receiver to replace my Marantz SR3053

desertfox

Hello all

I have a JBL 5.1 setup with a Marantz SR3053 receiver which I got in late 2010. My projector is Optoma HD20-LV connected to a Tata Sky HD box and an Asus O media player. Mt HT room has no audio treatments. Clear and loud sound is enough. Not too deep and involved about sound details. Use it only for movies and TV. For almost five users I've adjusted to using the Marantz receiver which I absolutely detest because of its lack of ability to play audio from HDMI. Every HDMI source only outputs video and no audio. A separate coax or digital cable is required for the audio. Its a mess with all the converters in the room.

I would like to replace it with a entry level receiver which has the following :

1. As many HDMI inputs as possible. All must be able to output audio and video. HDMI 2.0 and above.
2. At least one USB input. The more the merrier.
3. Ease of operation
4. Bluetooth compatibility, Wi-Fi Built-in, AirPlay and AV Controller app support.
5. Recently released (maybe like 3-6 months)

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

Hi

Possibly Denon X 510BT or X520 may work....audition before purchase...check with multiple dealers for best price and warranty

Hello all

I would like to replace it with a entry level receiver which has the following :

1. As many HDMI inputs as possible. All must be able to output audio and video. HDMI 2.0 and above.
2. At least one USB input. The more the merrier.
3. Ease of operation
4. Bluetooth compatibility, Wi-Fi Built-in, AirPlay and AV Controller app support.
5. Recently released (maybe like 3-6 months)

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide!

Open to used? Try looking for Marantz 15xx or 16xx series. They have everything except Bluetooth, which can easily be substituted by one of the numerous Bluetooth adapters.

OLX has a lot of Marantz in almost new condition, few listed below. Found these while hunting for a Stereo Integrated Amp for myself. Some of the sellers might be dealers, so tread accordingly.;)

Marantz NR1504 - Delhi

Marantz SR 4003 - Visakhapatnam

Marantz NR 1605 - Mumbai

Marants 1504 - Mumbai

Ignore if you are looking for a brand new piece only. In that case, do visit the outlets in your city for auditioning and picking the one you like. Try carrying your front speakers if not the rest to get a feel of the sound on your own speakers with your own content. More so, since they are burnt in and you know their sound signature well.

MaSh

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back