Suitable Integrated Stereo Amp for ELAC Debut F5

anoop497

Hello friends,

I have just rejoined this forum with high hopes having spent many days searching online for a suitable matching amp for my new ELAC F5 floor standers. I coudn't make up mind just by reading the reviews and specs online as i stay in Trivandrum where there is absolutely no scope for any auditions. Pls suggest best suited amp for ELAC F5 under 50k preferably with digital inputs (or should i go for a separate DAC?)

- I have no idea what should be the ideal wattage per channel required to drive Elac F5 (40-60W is ok or should it be more??)
- I listen to all kinds of music
- Any Elac F5 user? Your kind suggestion shall be appreciated.
- Pls do suggest source/store/dealer too if possible.

Regards

if its a branded setup you want, then you can look at the yamaha rs 201 / 501. a step above would be the marantz. if youre not particular about a brand, then the one i would go with is acoustic portrait swara integrated. its a 75w amp and a couple of steps above the marantz. low on add on features though. you will need an addl dac

Hi Anoop,

You can look at Marantz AVRS (7.1) where you can connect everything digitally, add a sub, and even provide Bi Amp power to the speakers if it has Bi Amp connection provision.

Hi Fi Ads has an ad of 1605 which is a 7.1 which would meet your expectations and connectivity.

There are of course other options and brands you can consider. Choice is yours.

Hello friends,

I have just rejoined this forum with high hopes having spent many days searching online for a suitable matching amp for my new ELAC F5 floor standers. I coudn't make up mind just by reading the reviews and specs online as i stay in Trivandrum where there is absolutely no scope for any auditions. Pls suggest best suited amp for ELAC F5 under 50k preferably with digital inputs (or should i go for a separate DAC?)

- I have no idea what should be the ideal wattage per channel required to drive Elac F5 (40-60W is ok or should it be more??)
- I listen to all kinds of music
- Any Elac F5 user? Your kind suggestion shall be appreciated.
- Pls do suggest source/store/dealer too if possible.

Regards

Any reason why you are looking at the F5? How large is your room? Having owned the B6 I can tell you that the speakers irrespective of what the specs say, are not the easiest to drive.

I would suggest you look at the B6 instead of the F5.

MaSh

thank you all for valuable suggestions.
i got these from my cousin who was driving them with his Hegel components before moving abroad. He gave a pretty good feedback on these speakers. I am sure the amplifier must have majorly contributed to the performance but i expect these speakers to be good at its basics at least. I tried them with my Denon X1200W for music. While the AVR was a beast driving the ELACs when watching a blu ray movie, it hardly could dig out details while playing music through CD, Airplay or USB. I observed a warm sound signature through out from the combination.
Now i have decided to set up a separate 2.1 for music only using my ELACs. I presently cant think of buying anything beyond a good budget integrated which can match these speakers.
Kindly comment on ELAC F5s possible (or proven) performance with these readily available amps.

Cambridge Audio CX A60
Marantz PM6005
Yamaha AS301BL, 501BL
Onkyo A9030,9050
NAD 356BEE etc

I am also ok going with a purely analog component and a worthy DAC (e.g PM5005, NAD 326 with CA DAC magic, Crystal WiDAC etc) if it can produce a dynamic sound stage for music as i can only expect without any auditions/testimonies .

My special request to ELAC F5 users to share experience regarding using them with amp of their choice.

Thank you and regards.

.... I tried them with my Denon X1200W for music. While the AVR was a beast driving the ELACs when watching a blu ray movie, it hardly could dig out details while playing music through CD, Airplay or USB....

Same experience with my ELAC B6. Specs aside, its not an easy drive for mini amps like DAYTON / D Class Chinese stuffs to drive this B6 pair to its fullest potential. The mid range seems to sound muddy and boxy (although I dont have audiophile ears), whereas the same amps drive my BOSE 401 (rated 4 ohms) with ease.

@anoop497
Since your post is a good six months old episode will you throw some light on your present amp setup with F5s and your experience & level of satisfaction. I am sure that pairing with a suitable amp, my B6 will perform far better.

BTW anybody tried F5 / B6 with NAD D3020 / Quad Vena / Audiolab 8001, please share your experience.
Regards
Partha

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back