Sunny1072

Sunny10972

Hi guys. I am planning to buy a new home theatre system 7.1.2. It will be used for 50%for music and 50% for movies. We like to listen to rock,pop and sufi songs. I have selected Sonus Faber Venere 3.0 or Venere S, B&W 702S2,KEF R700,Polk Audio RTI A9 and Tannoy Highline 500

Please suggest

It helps if you state your entire budget, room size and what your source would be. The speakers above are all capable contenders but have to be paired with good electronics to get the best out.

Hi

Welcome to HFV

I assume you have a good budget based on what you have selected so far....have you auditioned them or even other systems?

The key thing is to audition as many systems as possible with different dealers...never reveal your real budget as some dealers then tend to take advantage and try to sell you something you dont need or something which is not doing well in sales....

Trust your ears and instincts....make a list of what you like in appearance, performance etc....you can however specify the listening area....

Not all big brands are excellent performers....there could be a simple brand which provides better performance along with value.....

Carry your kind of music with you and demo / audition with that song......its a reference to understand which system performs better and is good for your listening.....

Read the ample threads on "Home Theatre" "What Should I buy" which has a lot of pointers and information.....

Go on an audition trip and check the different systems....list them down for us and we can help to shorten that list and steer you to a final decision...

All the best

I have done auditions everywhere possible in calcutta and finally have shortlisted sonus faber venerre S, sonus faber venerre3.0, b&w702S2,Tannoy Highline 500, Revel Performa,KEF R700and Polk Audio RTI A9 .as i said earlier ill use it 50% for movies and music wud be 50%. Now I like all of them and I am really confused and it is the first time I am buying a system. My room size is 750sq.ft and the tower speakers will be placed just next to the wall with two atmos ceiling speakers and two more ceiling speakers and teo sorrounds
I will buy marantz amp. according to the system requirement and a good subwoofer of SVS velodyne or Polk Audio. I like the look of sonus faber the most and the reviews are also very great but I havent heard this system because it is not available but can get on order.
Plese suggest

For 50% music,
Automatically polk does not favor among the selected brands, as polk is all about movie experience.
Tannoy highline series again cannot be compared for muscle required, especially for your room size which is huge
Revel, you haven't stated which series of performa? Be or 3? Again not ideally suited for music.
KEF R700, B&W702S2, Sonus Faber Venere S & 3.0 (which have varying impedance & price) are better options for your requirements for music, thought sonus faber is not meant for rock/pop music.
Would suggest you go for the marantz preprocessor & a good multichannel power amp to do justice to the set up & size of the room.
Sub selection will be equally important , in fact factor in 2 subs at least and their costing, good ones are not cheap. Lastly a good source would be must have as without it, all the money spent on the rest of the set up would be colossal waste.
I suggest you to get a system integrator on board to do a proper install & justice to your requirements.
Since you are going to spend a good amount on the set up, why not have some basic automation also to make operation of the HT much easier for you and your family members?

I have already done automation from the best company available here and now its the turn for speaker wiring in the entire house so i have also hired a music company here and they have given me demos of certain brands and i had liked the ones i have mentioned. The only brand i hvent seen is sonus faber and i have heard a lot about them .why are u saying no to sonus faber ? Is it not good?

Hi

Main things to see in a speaker....

Higher the Sensitivity (db), better the overall performance and output....should be more than 89db...

Impedance 6 ohms or higher

Output frequencies 20hz to 20khz (maximum frequencies means better sound clarity)

Front Tower speakers....2 way or 3 way.......if 3 way....more better....

Please remember, the Center speaker and subwoofer are the most important in any HT system and hence ensure you get good ones...

Subs...you can look at Sunfire, SVS, BIC America, Velodyne etc......lower the freq (closer to 20hz), better and smoother the bass response.

AVR = Marantz...good choice SR series I assume....... Denon 3xxx and 4xxx series also good....audition them before purchase...i would personally trip on a Marantz....serves well for both music and movies....

I hope you auditioned with the same song or movie clip...that will paint a reference in your mind to decide better....if not done, please do it...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back