The art of selecting music

Analogous

A Sunday morning musing

I have noticed the selection of music can make a listening session fabulous or mediocre.
Given the time effort and resources I have invested in this hobby I believe this aspect has not been accorded the attention it deserves.
This is not related to the equipment or room acoustics etc.
When I am feeling lazy I let a streaming service algorithm or an internet Radio station do the work. Sometimes it works.
Occasionally this approach results in the discovery of new and delightful artists and their music.
Other times I start one of my playlists.
Rarely it’s a tune/song that pops up and keeps running inside my brain. (This morning it was “in my life by the Beatles)
Personally I have not noticed any particular preference of generes or styles of music linked to the time of the day.
Becoming a good curator of playlists or a DJ at home is a skill that requires dedication and practice (as with any skill- carpentry, surgery, public speaking, hair cutting, driving on our city roads etc)
Exploring the topic online I found this… no magic pills but more thoughts and suggestions…

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back