The centre channel - advise needed

Saiganesh

Since the advent of 5.1 home theatre i have always been listening to everything in 5.1 and upscaling 2.1 to 5.1

And i have been selecting a good pair of towers and then matching centre for that.
Which now i repent and want to select the towers (or the LR bookshelf) based on the centre.

centre is more important in my scenario than the towers. And in fact in future I have decided to go with bookshelf instead of towers as I vould clearly see the woofers are completely taking care of those lows and the woofers in the towets are almost a dead investment.

To start with i want a centre that suits my taste.
And to hint on my taste
I liked polk reserve series centre -caz of its warmth still feel something is lacking.

Liked jamo towers tonality...but feels like flat and not exciting...the samme balance of tonality but everything elevated--
But i also like the sound signature of monitor audio and B&w.

Heard a demo of monitor audio gold centre wasnt to my taste.

All centre sounds controlled or suppressed (dont know how to explain) not natural.

I want to demo a good centre
MY eyes are on B&w htm seried centre. Then kef meta series...and then...???

Since the advent of 5.1 home theatre i have always been listening to everything in 5.1 and upscaling 2.1 to 5.1

And i have been selecting a good pair of towers and then matching centre for that.
Which now i repent and want to select the towers (or the LR bookshelf) based on the centre.

centre is more important in my scenario than the towers. And in fact in future I have decided to go with bookshelf instead of towers as I vould clearly see the woofers are completely taking care of those lows and the woofers in the towets are almost a dead investment.

To start with i want a centre that suits my taste.
And to hint on my taste
I liked polk reserve series centre -caz of its warmth still feel something is lacking.

Liked jamo towers tonality...but feels like flat and not exciting...the samme balance of tonality but everything elevated--
But i also like the sound signature of monitor audio and B&w.

Heard a demo of monitor audio gold centre wasnt to my taste.

All centre sounds controlled or suppressed (dont know how to explain) not natural.

I want to demo a good centre
MY eyes are on B&w htm seried centre. Then kef meta series...and then...???
Which AVR / AMP are you using? Brand Model? Accordingly, the FMs can suggest certain brands and models which may work for you. What is your budget for the center speaker alone?

Which AVR / AMP are you using? Brand Model? Accordingly, the FMs can suggest certain brands and models which may work for you. What is your budget for the center speaker alone?
Centre speaker budget hmmm...dont know honestly!!! But b&w htm71 series budget or something less ...
I have anthem mca 325 and i wont mind buying an amp for the centre or front stage. Contemplating to replace front LR matching the centre
Also have crown xls2502. All driven from denon x4800
Again i dont mind to spend for an amp if its worth!

Last edited:
Centre speaker budget hmmm...dont know honestly!!! But b&w htm71 series budget or something less ...
I have anthem mca 325 and i wont mind buying an amp for the centre or front stage. Contemplating to replace front LR matching the centre
Also have crown xls2502. All driven from denon x4800
Again i dont mind to spend for an amp if its worth!
Check out the Klipsch RC-64 III - I’ve heard it and it’s a great center. It’s made in the US with the new horn, so not harsh at all and is a 2.5 way design with 4 x 6.5” woofers. Very natural and dynamic

Check out the Klipsch RC-64 III - I’ve heard it and it’s a great center. It’s made in the US with the new horn, so not harsh at all and is a 2.5 way design with 4 x 6.5” woofers. Very natural and dynamic
And klipsch 504cii also . Iam seriously thought of have one but now going with pa.

And klipsch 504cii also . Iam seriously thought of have one but now going with pa.
Whats pa?
Klipsch ...for centre..?? Where can we demo?

Cinebels dealers for klipsch

Klipsch..isnt it supposed to be brand promoting 'V' shaped sound? For centre?? May be placeboo or psychosomatic but klipsch for centre keeps me thinking!!

Klipsch..isnt it supposed to be brand promoting 'V' shaped sound? For centre?? May be placeboo or psychosomatic but klipsch for centre keeps me thinking!!
Klipsch is good.
Audition all brands before buy. Dont be hurry in taking decision. Wont be another 4800.

The new horn is 90 x 90 - as always hear it before deciding ! Worth listening to. Where are you based ?

The centre speaker is a very important speaker in HT. It is a vocal centric speaker. It does not take care of the lows. The subwoofer takes care of the lows. If you see the specs of the HTM72 S3, the frequency range is 70Hz to 28 kHz.

Also, it is ideal to have the front 3 speakers from the same company and the same series.

Do give IndiqAudio a try. I am using Diamond Mishras LCR, and quite content with the performance. You can contact Amit from IndiqAudio and may be he can arrange a demo for you.

Do give IndiqAudio a try. I am using Diamond Mishras LCR, and quite content with the performance. You can contact Amit from IndiqAudio and may be he can arrange a demo for you.
Diamond mishras LCR means the center channel is universal center or they have different models in center channel's just like their tiwers and book shelves.

Diamond mishras LCR means the center channel is universal center or they have different models in center channel's just like their tiwers and book shelves.
If I remember correctly, the Centre is universal and matched to the LR, but I think they share the same driver. The price was same for all three, 20k/pc in 2020(or 2021).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back