Unable to hear dialogue in Yamaha 1840

King_of all

Hello,
I have been using Yamaha ymt 1840 for 4 5 years, but now whenever I play movies whether from Penn drive( throught tv)
Prime or hotstar, many time dialogue are very low some time unable to hear them as well.
First I thought the issue is with woofer but it worked fine in service center, now I thinks the receiver may have the issue, also the buttons in receiver are not working.
I tried different setting from YouTube (
)
It worked awesome after changing the setting but after 2 3 use it was back to the same issue,
Sometime during video the dialogue comes and goes, please tell me where is the main issue, should I get it serviced or the issue is in setting, HDMI cable, I am using sony x85L through HDMI earc?

Hello,
I have been using Yamaha ymt 1840 for 4 5 years, but now whenever I play movies whether from Penn drive( throught tv)
Prime or hotstar, many time dialogue are very low some time unable to hear them as well.
First I thought the issue is with woofer but it worked fine in service center, now I thinks the receiver may have the issue, also the buttons in receiver are not working.
)
It worked awesome after changing the setting but after 2 3 use it was back to the same issue,
Sometime during video the dialogue comes and goes, please tell me where is the main issue, should I get it serviced or the issue is in setting, HDMI cable, I am using sony x85L through HDMI earc?
Does center chanel work properly when you increase the volume? I think problem can be with the speaker wire. If not with anything else.

Does center chanel work properly when you increase the volume? I think problem can be with the speaker wire. If not with anything else.
i tried to fix the wire as well, some times the dialogue started all itself, and the audio also goes up and down itself.
should i try changing the wire or reset the avr ?

i tried to fix the wire as well, some times the dialogue started all itself, and the audio also goes up and down itself.
should i try changing the wire or reset the avr ?
Let the wires be as they are and interchange the speakers to see if the problem still persists.
Try to isolate components and test one thing at a time to arrive at a conclusion.
It could be the amp or some setting in the amp.
Try hearing dialogues in stereo mode or dts or dd modes too.

Let the wires be as they are and interchange the speakers to see if the problem still persists.
Try to isolate components and test one thing at a time to arrive at a conclusion.
It could be the amp or some setting in the amp.
Try hearing dialogues in stereo mode or dts or dd modes too.
as far as i have seen this only happen in 5.1 dd, other music from youtue are coming fine, will try this, thanks

Hello,
)

Have you checked the audio settings on the TV? Certain TVs have settings that need to be adjusted in order to get proper output as stereo or multichannel. Refer to the Owners Manual for the same or possible some Youtube Video if available.

AVRs are capable to decode certain formats well depending on the source content being fed into it via HDMI or COAXIAL or OPTICAL. Check this too, The latest AVRs have no challenge for playback of various Audio Formats.

I think wire can be one problem. You can check by changing it
This morning the centre speaker was not working, I changed it with side speaker the side speaker was working fine but centre was getting distortion sound, than I connect the centre speaker to center wire it was working fine, but still no dialogue ?

I think I will take both to service center.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back