Upgrade from Samsung Frame 65 Inch (2021) to OLED 65 Inch

beanstalk_230

Hi everyone,

I’m currently using a Samsung Frame 65 Inch (2021) for the past 3 years but planning to upgrade this year. Even though a size upgrade to 77 inch is enticing but I do not want to stretch that much therefore looking for a 65 inch OLED. Had set a budget of around 2 Lac but will stretch upto 2.5 Lac if the product justifies that extra investment.

After looking at the Rtings reviews I could shortlist the following options based on the price showing online on the company website. Have not removed cashbacks since several are EMI dependant which I’m not keen on. Samsung looks enticing especially looking at the low entry price tag but adding extended warranties is definitely moving the costs up. Sony center online is offering 3 years warranty.

Samsung S95D : 2.5 Lac
Samsung S90D : 2.2 Lac
LG G4 : 3.2 Lac
Sony Bravia 8 : 3 L

Kindly suggest which one should I go for or should I consider some last years models as well.
Thanks

A visit today to RD Lucknow store got me the following prices:

G4 2.34 after all discounts
S90D 1.90 after all discounts

Please advice regarding the above prices.

P.S. Pl ignore prices in the first post as they were official website rates.

LG g4 is a no brainer. It is miles ahead of your current TV.

OLED has contrast which is second to one, everything is more deeper and vibrant and in viewing tech, its simply no match. One caveat is it wont be as bright as a Samsung's NEO LED/Quantum LED or other companies offering some form of local dimming.

You may have to do some picture calibration once you get a LG Oled. LG's factory settings are a bit off putting.

What didn't you like about the Frame TV? Why the need to upgrade?
Thanks for this question. Made me rethink regarding my need to upgrade as well. My use case of the TV is primarily content from streaming apps (Netflix, Prime, Hotstar, YouTube, etc) in 4K, local media (4K rips etc) and PC gaming (Only single player).

Samsung Frame 2021 is a good TV no doubt but following are the few points that I feel are the shortcomings:
1. Brightness needs improvement as per my needs. The room is decently lit therefore a bit more pop would have made it perfect.
2. Need to experience the black levels of an OLED.

After going through reviews on Rtings I came across the fact that Frame and LG G4 have a similar level of SDR brightness and in fact in a few cases Frame surpasses the G4 in this department.
Though on the HDR front things tilt in G4's favour undoubtedly. I think with Auto HDR switched on, brightness levels must be decent in all games and in general on Windows. Similar story goes for most content which I think is in HDR anyways. I'm unable to decide whether the similar SDR brightness level does not leave me wanting end of the day.

Attachments

• Frame 2021 SDR F.png
    Frame 2021 SDR F.png
    77.2 KB · Views: 7
  • LG G4 SDR.png
    LG G4 SDR.png
    86.1 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
OLED is not for bright lit rooms, just use dim lights or stylish lamps in the corner for full OLED magic. For bright rooms LCD is still the way to go.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back