Upgrading Living Room to 7.2.4 in wall Setup - Need Suggestions

hannibal09

Hello Everyone

I am planning to upgrade my 5.1 setup to 7.2.4, need your suggestions for same

Recently bought a new house and planning to get interiors done along with wiring. I can't have dedicated HT room, so turning living room into one. I've attached room dimensions and would love some feedback.

Here’s my current system:

AVR: Marantz NR1508
Sub: BIC America PL200II
Front LR: Q Acoustics 3050i
Center: Q Acoustics 3090Ci
Surround: Polk OWM 3

I'm planning to upgrade to 7.2.4 system in two stages with gap of few months

Stage 1:

AVR: Denon X3800

Surround (Side & Rear): Confused between Polk RC85i (8") or RC65i (6.5"). Should I go with 8-inch or is 6.5-inch sufficient? Also dealer suggested Klipsch CS-16W instead of Polk RC65i
Any one used in wall speakers? Considering my layout, is it ok to go for in wall speakers?

Atmos (Ceiling): Leaning toward 6-inch models here based on many recommendations on having more dispersion. Either Polk RC60i or Klipsch CS-16C.

TV : Sony Bravia 7 75 inch, though viewing distance will be 13 feet, only few options in 85 inch and cost is very high

With the X3800, I can run setup in either 5.1.4 or 7.1.2 , I am preferring 5.1.4 . Any other suggestions?

Stage 2:

Power Amplifier: Planning 3-channel amp for the front LCR to allow for full 7.1.4 setup. Suggestions

Second Sub: Based on the room size, might need a second sub. Will test the system with 1 sub for some time however what you guys think? Should I get another BIC PL200II for consistency or consider something else to complement the system?

My budget is like this

AVR - 1 Lac

All 4 surround and 4 Atmos speakers - 1 Lac

TV - 2 to 2.5 lac

Haven't decided any budget for stage 2 though. Any suggestions or advice on the speakers or setup would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG-20241003-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20241003-WA0008.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 10
Have you auditioned Polk and Klipsch? As you are using QA, I am not sure if you'd like the sound signature of Polk and Klipsch.

Check out Wharfdale in wall speakers as well.

Oh my. This reminds me of my next upgrade.
I want a kef r11 meta LR and kef centre or B&W 700 seriesLCR
Love the monitor audio bookshelf as surrounds.
Avr is either yamaha a6a or arcam av31 or anthem 1140
Not thought about atmos yet. B & W and monitor audio are very good match, dont know how would kef LCR would match with monitor audio as surrounds.

I would stick with svs subs i have. Happy with it.

In walls are great. Demoed monitor audio in walls and they sounded fantastic and a lot cheaper than the towers. Dont know whats working against in walls.
In walls models are limited - like if i want kef r11 dont have an in wall version of the same i guess.

Denon 3800- few days back i was deadly against denon but after doing a recent firmware update i guess denon cant go wrong!!

Happy hunting!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back