Value for Money Upgrade in 1Lac - help me choose speakers & sub + weird wall mounting situation

kirincorleone

Hi,

Current Desktop Setup - 80% music & 20% gaming:
JBL Stage A130
Onkyo HT-S3800 6" passive 80w? sub (from HTiB)
Focusrite Scarlett Solo - DAC (replaced Topping E50 since I started learning electric guitar - I dont own a guitar amp)
Fosi Audio - BT30d Pro - Amp with passive sub outs
Meze 109 Pro Headphones - thinking of double amping using the headphone out from the scarlett into the schiit magni (i have) for that oomph its currently missing.

Space:
Room: ~250 sqft
Table + Chair Area: 6' x 5' = 30 sqft
Room Treatment: 0
Plans to treat it: None

Mounting Situation:
The a130's are mounted on the wall angled down at me but the angle is much less than whats required.
It is currently tilted down at 40 but it should be 50. So, the tweeter is missing my ears and pointing around 3ft behind me.
I feel the difference in quality if I stand up or move back my chair.
In order to fix this, I will have to ruin my wall, get it repaired and lower the height of the mounts by atleast 1 ft - which is a challenge as I can afford 6-8 inches. Also, the wall is a big project with civil work & paint. I would really want to avoid this.

Bias:
I am partial to Ribbon tweeters as I already own a HT setup with Emotiva T1+ & E1+ with E12 and I LOOVE IT.
I didnt like the Klipsch sound at all. I have demoed the 600? (I forget) for my HT and rejected them instantly.
I liked Dali Oberon's but found them a tad bright.
I like my JBL a130's but find them fatiguing.

Want more:
I am looking to upgrade now. I have gone through so many posts and shortlisted a couple. Issue is that the pricing & product availability in India is very different from western countries, thus the suggestions dont really match. Also, I am unable to demo the products in question.

Choices:
The choices are in order of my attraction towards them. Top mentioned is the one I like the most due to irrelevant biases.
Prices are in INR & USD.
My overall budget is 1Lac

Speakers:
Adam Audio T5V pair: 52800
Kali Audio LP6 v2 pair: 37980

Subs:
Adam Audio t10s: 70700
JBL LSR310s: 24783
Presonus Eris 10: 48990
KRK S10.4: 49400

Big Questions:
1. Is it worth upgrading a130's with t5v's or LP6's? Is the money spent even justifiable for the gains? The sub is a no brainer of course.
2. Should I also explore Passive Bookshelves? If so, what would be good upgrades over a130's? Also, I would want to change my amp then. Looking at Fosi ZA3.

Please help & suggest.

Will you be able to try out a pair of stands? Good quality studio stands should not cost more than about 6K. Those, with your current speakers, might let you retain your current setup. You'll need to use stands anyway, if you get monitors, to get the best out of them.

I don't have personal experience listening to your speakers, but they're known to be quite good. Trying out a used amp might let you keep the speakers. (I realize this is not a specific recommendation, but since you might be OK with spending around 40k on the bookshelf side, spending that much on an amp might be what you need. But ideally, you'll need an amp that takes balanced inputs as your Scarlett has only balanced outputs, and that may not be too easy to find).

Both the Kalis and the Adams sound really good. I have listened to both in different rooms, and they sound quite good. I'm also very partial to the clean, airy highs that the Adams have, over the Kalis (though the mid to low frequencies might be slightly better in the Kalis, which is easily fixed with a subwoofer). These will take balanced inputs from your Scarlett, and I have developed an irrational preference for those, once I started using them. Balanced cables/connections definitely feel like they can give a much cleaner background.

The T10s subwoofer goes really well with the Adam T5V. But the price on that seems to have skyrocketed over the last 2 years. (I use a T5V + T10s with an Audient Evo4 in my office setup).

Hi,

Current Desktop Setup - 80% music & 20% gaming:
JBL Stage A130
Onkyo HT-S3800 6" passive 80w? sub (from HTiB)
Focusrite Scarlett Solo - DAC (replaced Topping E50 since I started learning electric guitar - I dont own a guitar amp)
Fosi Audio - BT30d Pro - Amp with passive sub outs
Meze 109 Pro Headphones - thinking of double amping using the headphone out from the scarlett into the schiit magni (i have) for that oomph its currently missing.

Space:
Room: ~250 sqft
Table + Chair Area: 6' x 5' = 30 sqft
Room Treatment: 0
Plans to treat it: None

Mounting Situation:
The a130's are mounted on the wall angled down at me but the angle is much less than whats required.
It is currently tilted down at 40 but it should be 50. So, the tweeter is missing my ears and pointing around 3ft behind me.
I feel the difference in quality if I stand up or move back my chair.
In order to fix this, I will have to ruin my wall, get it repaired and lower the height of the mounts by atleast 1 ft - which is a challenge as I can afford 6-8 inches. Also, the wall is a big project with civil work & paint. I would really want to avoid this.

Bias:
I am partial to Ribbon tweeters as I already own a HT setup with Emotiva T1+ & E1+ with E12 and I LOOVE IT.
I didnt like the Klipsch sound at all. I have demoed the 600? (I forget) for my HT and rejected them instantly.
I liked Dali Oberon's but found them a tad bright.
I like my JBL a130's but find them fatiguing.

Want more:
I am looking to upgrade now. I have gone through so many posts and shortlisted a couple. Issue is that the pricing & product availability in India is very different from western countries, thus the suggestions dont really match. Also, I am unable to demo the products in question.

Choices:
The choices are in order of my attraction towards them. Top mentioned is the one I like the most due to irrelevant biases.
Prices are in INR & USD.
My overall budget is 1Lac

Speakers:
Adam Audio T5V pair: 52800
Kali Audio LP6 v2 pair: 37980

Subs:
Adam Audio t10s: 70700
JBL LSR310s: 24783
Presonus Eris 10: 48990
KRK S10.4: 49400

Big Questions:
1. Is it worth upgrading a130's with t5v's or LP6's? Is the money spent even justifiable for the gains? The sub is a no brainer of course.
2. Should I also explore Passive Bookshelves? If so, what would be good upgrades over a130's? Also, I would want to change my amp then. Looking at Fosi ZA3.

Please help & suggest.

Pics would definitely help understanding the situation better.

Hey guys,
Thanks for replying!

After more research, I finalized
Elac DBR 62
Kali Audio In-5

I finally picked the In-5's eventually based on
1. Balanced Connections
2. 10k Price higher but no amp requirement so saving money on that
3. Reviews by Erin & ASR

I have shelved buying a subwoofer for now as the budget is short. My shortlists are
JBL LSR 310s
Kali Audio WS 6.2

I will pick up a subwoofer after filling up my pockets some more.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back