VU Meters are back ! Yamaha A-S3000 for 4K only!

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Yamaha A-S3000

A-S3000 - Integrated Amplifiers - Yamaha - Other European Countries

Review -

Yamaha A-S3000 review | Stereo amplifiers | What Hi-Fi?

Now the price ...

4K GBP only !!!

Declaimer - I happened to know Yamaha distri , he may not be knowing him. Defiantly have commercial interest to receiving some amount .. ( Concerned parties - please take note }

BTW from our sources this model will NOT be released in India , still all amounts are welcome ! :clapping::clapping::yahoo::yahoo::eek:hyeah:

Thought you are putting it for sale for INR 4k.....:lol: Anyway 4K GBP too much for the meter alone... Can be done an DIY guys here which can be fitted on the normal amplifier or specific.

Regards

Wow..Thats good news Vintage style with Latest components\Technology. If the Build quality also remains the same then its a boon.

4K GBP is way long from my Dream too.. But if some one can own it from our Forum, then its nice to get some reading pleasure of their Build quality, Look and Performance too.

So any body out there for grab these?

Yeah, it was released last year. But unfortunately they didn't release this in India, even they have discontinued other models as well; such as Yamaha A-S700, 1000, 2000 and released Stereo Receiver series RS which are lower end.
Only continued model is A-S500, nothing special in 2 channel Amps for Indian consumers. :(

I am a big sucker of VU meters - esp the massive technics one

so recently acquired this minicompo ( It is what is called "Midi" sized - bredth is around 11 Inches]

It has got power amp module with VU meters , also Pre + Receiver Module , Double Tape and 5 Cd changer

Tapes are front loading !!Cd's too need a one by one loading

Will post a review soon!

unfortunately
god VU meters are not avalle to buy off the shelf

the ones on ebay lok pretty crappy or are too small

i was looking for a couple for my power amp
but junked the idea due to inavailbility at a sane price

unfortunately
god VU meters are not avalle to buy off the shelf

the ones on ebay lok pretty crappy or are too small

i was looking for a couple for my power amp
but junked the idea due to inavailbility at a sane price

This is too Expensive for US$ 200

JLM Audio Shop - Stereo VU Meter kit

JLM Audio Shop - JLM Large VU meter

But this chinese stuff pretty cool for appx US$ 5

Power Amplifier Dual Analog Panel Vu Meter Audio Level DB Meter with Backlit | eBay

Power Amplifier Dual Analog Panel VU Meter Audio Level dB Meter W/ Blue BackLit - YouTube

I am a big sucker of VU meters - esp the massive technics one

so recently acquired this minicompo ( It is what is called "Midi" sized - bredth is around 11 Inches]

Nice one Hemant - really love the looks of this system. How does it sound?
Cheers,
Sid

No yar

all these VU meters look pretty cheesy
even the JLM ones

see the ones that Nelson uses on the pass labs ( ofcourse they are custom - but so nice)

https://passlabs.com/products/amplifiers/integrated

Ali bhai

Custom has no limitations

Better is dan D' augustino power amp

D'Agostino | Master Audio Systems | Extraordinary New Creations from the World's Most Famous High-end Audio Designer

But then you should be getting customer to pay that kind of money .. right?/

:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:

so recently acquired this minicompo

Compact quality Hi Fi of the type you have acquired used to be a rage back in the 90's. I used to wait for my father to bring in those new Cathay Pacific in flight magazine's as they used to advertise in them. Full page adverts for stereo's! Sony, Akai, Technics, Sharp, etc, they were all in there.

The best we ever got was a re badged Sanyo in the form of the BPL D1000. However, BPL decided to do the speakers themselves so you had a tiny little mini component system with two monster 4 way speakers that later shifted to book shelves.

If everyone craves and loves VU meters why the hell they discontinued yaar...?!!!! :(

Im myself a BIG BIG succer for VU meters! Especially the BIG ones!

Nice one Hemant!!!
Cheers!

I always been drawn to big meters, they are elegant, beautiful and striking :cool: The lamps in this unit were replaced with LED bulbs as they had both burnt out.

CA610-05_zpsfabafd4c.jpg

CA610-07_zps01d67bb4.jpg

HFV%20signature%2022%20Nov%202014_zps8mvvczk9.gif

I couldn't find good amp with VU meters. So for the meantime (just keeping myself satisfied) using these in Foobar :D

Last edited:
Hemant Bhai, what a beautiful amp. However, the title is very misleading. Though it was too good to be true for 4k (INR), then at the same instance read GBP. At today's quote, it will be close to 4 lacs in INR. :D Not a small price to pay for VU meters, I would say.

Back