What 4K 55 inch to buy

Silent1

Hi
I am thinking of buying Panasonic TH-55FX650D tv ( getting it for 63k).
Do you guys recommend any other tv with similar features for a similar price?

Just bought a TCL 50inch 4K for 33k last week. This includes 3 year company warranty + 2 year extended warranty buy Croma. Picture wise it’s no ckoarison to my 50inch Samsung plasma but it’s fantastic value - though it’s still early days

Ya that’s a great deal.
But since this is gonna be my sole TV, I want good picture quality.
I’ll look a little more into it
Thanks for the response!

Panasonic TH-55FX650D tv
Does it support HDCP2.2 on some of its inputs? 4K TV without HDCP2.2 is a waste, 4K Bluray and Netflix won't work without HDCP2.2.

I had purchased the VU 55" Inconium series for ~37.5K from Flipkart in Oct 2018 sale, the price included 2 years of extended warranty and HDFC card discount of 3K (manufacturer warranty was only 1 year). TV is 4K + HDR and supports HDCP2.2 on all 3 HDMI inputs (which is a must-have). TV has Android 7 but performance is poor so I connected a Firestick4K to it. TV Built in Youtube app was quite old so I sideloaded newer version via apk and it works but hangs sometimes. Built in Netflix is poor - no DRM keys so it does not even do 1080p, only SD content. All these SW issues are bypassed if you connect a streaming device like Roku or Firestick, which was my fallback plan when purchasing this.

Deal wise it was quite good. Picture quality is ok compared to my Sony bravia 5yr old which is 1080p only. 4K content looks good although I do not have a Sony or Samusung 4K TV to compare. HDR content looked worse than 1080p but I only tried first few minutes of Lost in space S1E1.

For a 55 inch TV, I feel we should not go beyond 50K INR but Sony/Samsung are much beyond that and are pure cheats. A 65" Sony TV priced at $1500 in US is more than 2.5L here which is total crap.
I think you need a Sony/Samsung if your source is going to be a true 4K from Bluray which is the highest quality commercially available for most content. If you plan to mostly use streaming services or plan to use D2H, then VU/TCL/MI should be fine.

Last edited:
I had purchased the VU 55" Inconium series for ~37.5K from Flipkart in Oct 2018 sale

I suppose VU TV's are advertised as official android TV interface.. Surprising to see that you had to sideload youtube app as the stock app was buggy..

For a 55 inch TV, I feel we should not go beyond 50K INR but Sony/Samsung are much beyond that and are pure cheats. A 65" Sony TV priced at $1500 in US is more than 2.5L here which is total crap.

Feels nice, when an other member echos your thoughts :)..

then VU/TCL/MI should be fine.

Mi has a 55inch model for abt 48K, with official Android TV version and chromecast built in..

I suppose VU TV's are advertised as official android TV interface.. Surprising to see that you had to sideload youtube app as the stock app was buggy..
Yea the official android ones from VU are a bit expensive and they have Android 8, mine is the Iconium series which has android 7. A colleague of mine has the official android series and even that one does not link to Google playstore directly, it goes to VU's own TV-store.
I just sideloaded chrome and went to play.google.com and installed stuff from there. I got an Airmouse from Aliexpress for $10 which was super useful until I added the firestick.

It is an unfinished SW product but I'm not complaining much since the price might not be so low if VU spent $$ on SW and DRM support for Netflix. Adding a firestick solves the problem easily. Got firestick4K for $30+tax in a good Christmas deal from US so the landed cost to me was ~2400INR for Firestick4K :)

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back