What AVR for my BA Soundware xs 2.1?

shamiraj

Hi, I plan to get BA Soundware XS 2.1 speakers from hifimart. Could anyone recommend an AVR that would work with this?

Primary need is Movies - 75% and Music - 25%.
Budget <50k

Thank you

Hi,

AVR would be 5.1 and so this means that you will add the other speakers later? The BA XS 2.1 is more of a stereo setup.

You could perhaps use a stereo amp like Marantz or Cambridge Audio (also available on HiFi Mart) if you are looking at a pure stereo setup.

Depending on your budget, if you want to own an AVR that is both good for movies and music, would suggest to go for Marantz NR 1504 which would pair well with the BA XS 2.1 and later you can add more speakers when you have the budget....perhaps bookshelf speakers of BA and the centre.

I have been using the BA XS 5.1 with Marantz for over a year now and the experience has been awesome for music / movies etc.....

The key for you is to audition all possible AVRs which fit your budget and features requirements....if open to pre owned, check the Sale by Owner section or HiFi Ads, there are some cool AVRs being sold at a bargain by individuals which are hardly used...you may just get lucky...all the best..

Hi, I plan to get BA Soundware XS 2.1 speakers from hifimart. Could anyone recommend an AVR that would work with this?

Primary need is Movies - 75% and Music - 25%.
Budget <50k

Thank you

Since your primary needs indicates more for movies, go for BA soundware XS 5.1. For AVR, you have many choices but I personally like Marantz.
Really good for both movies and music.

Hi,

AVR would be 5.1 and so this means that you will add the other speakers later? The BA XS 2.1 is more of a stereo setup.

You could perhaps use a stereo amp like Marantz or Cambridge Audio (also available on HiFi Mart) if you are looking at a pure stereo setup.

Depending on your budget, if you want to own an AVR that is both good for movies and music, would suggest to go for Marantz NR 1504 which would pair well with the BA XS 2.1 and later you can add more speakers when you have the budget....perhaps bookshelf speakers of BA and the centre.

I have been using the BA XS 5.1 with Marantz for over a year now and the experience has been awesome for music / movies etc.....

The key for you is to audition all possible AVRs which fit your budget and features requirements....if open to pre owned, check the Sale by Owner section or HiFi Ads, there are some cool AVRs being sold at a bargain by individuals which are hardly used...you may just get lucky...all the best..

Thanks Efernand1.

a. In terms of the 2.1, Yes, hope to add more speakers later on. Right now my Sony bravia 40 LCD television sound is terrible.

b. In terms of AVR vs stereo amp, I am more keen on the avr because of the multiple sources I want to support. (Tata sky, WD Live, xbox 360 and ps3). Hope to add a chromecast at some point and I have a DVD player too which is idle because all 4 hdmi ports on the tv are occupied....., and am not keen on all the wires for the stereo amp :)

Will definitely try out the Marantz 1504. Would you be able to recommend where I can audition this set up (BA 2.1 + Marantz 1504) in bangalore?

Shami

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back