What should I buy for good audio- Apple TV or amazon stick

Iam a sworn non apple guy. Despite their merits and fans i have my reasons to not touch them with a barge pole :D

So this would be one easy recommendation- amazon tv stick.

And if you look around on amazon, you will find power adaptors with ethernet to these tv sticks. So once you have them hard wired to your network, you will never have any dropouts.

On a different note, if you want the best quality streamer or HDD player for amazon or netflix look for the Nvidia shield TV.

However , if you have any future plans to buy a uhd player, then save your money by not buying the nvidia shield and go for a sony ubp 800x. This will stream both netflix and amazon prime in 4k HDR mode. There are of course better players than this sony, but they are not worth the steep outlay as per most reviews. All the best :)

Iam a sworn non apple guy. Despite their merits and fans i have my reasons to not touch them with a barge pole :D

So this would be one easy recommendation- amazon tv stick.

And if you look around on amazon, you will find power adaptors with ethernet to these tv sticks. So once you have them hard wired to your network, you will never have any dropouts.

On a different note, if you want the best quality streamer or HDD player for amazon or netflix look for the Nvidia shield TV.

However , if you have any future plans to buy a uhd player, then save your money by not buying the nvidia shield and go for a sony ubp 800x. This will stream both netflix and amazon prime in 4k HDR mode. There are of course better players than this sony, but they are not worth the steep outlay as per most reviews. All the best :)
Or buy new LG/Sony/Samsung 4k/OLED TV :p
Netflix/Prime apps are native (and many more).
Cheers,
Raghu

Fire TV is the only one that supports Atmos and all the HDR standards. Of course no YouTube app, but everything else rocks on it.

Amazon 4k Firestick is a much better option than Nvidia Shield which is more than double the price and no warranty in India.

Tha
Amazon 4k Firestick is a much better option than Nvidia Shield which is more than double the price and no warranty in India.
That is a matter of personal opinion. The shield is by far a better product. Yes it's more than double the price, but it does a lot more than just stream.

Anyways, the OP wants an opinion on Apple or Amazon fire stick. Not the Nvidia shield.

My vote in this case goes to the fire stick 4k.

Tha

That is a matter of personal opinion. The shield is by far a better product. Yes it's more than double the price, but it does a lot more than just stream.

Anyways, the OP wants an opinion on Apple or Amazon fire stick. Not the Nvidia shield.

My vote in this case goes to the fire stick 4k.

That is right but someone here was recommending Nvidia Shield which is more of a Gaming console than streamer and op wants to stream amazon prime so in respect to that I advised Amazon 4k stick, It may even be better than Apple tv as its released just recently and may have many features not present in Apple Tv but I have not used either 4k tv stick or apple tv to offer any advice in comaprison but I do own Nvidia Shield which does funtion good fro streaming but not best for sure for the amount of money we spend on it for streaming only.

You tube is working fine via silk and firefox.
Not the same as the app. Also I just speak to play a video from my Google Home or Mini and it immediately plays the video on my Shield.

Anyways wanted to put it out there so OP can make an informed decision.

I think the OP's question was on the difference in terms of audio quality. I'm not sure but I don't think there will be much of a difference in quality between the Fire stick and Apple TV in this respect. If you have lots of Apple devices at home, go for the Apple TV else the Fire stick is more versatile.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back