What should I buy? Simple Stereo System Config

Shrinkie

Hello Audiophiles,

I googled and googled but in vain. Need your expertise. I am looking for a stereo system configuration - around INR 50,000. My requirements are:

1. Receiver with Integrated Amplifier
- Around 100-150w @ 8ohms
- Phono Input
- Network Player

2. Speakers
- Around 100-150w @ 8ohms
- 3 Way
- Floorstanding

A Yamaha R-S201 Stereo Receiver (INR 20K) and Yamaha R-S201BL Natural Sound Stereo Receiver (INR 20K) looks like a good pairing to me but the receiver lacks phono and network capabilities.

Any suggestion is a good suggestion. Thanks!

Regards,
Shrinkie

Why do you stress on a floor stander?

Couple of options.

1. Polk Audio Rti A3 bookshelves paired with a Marantz PM-5005.
2. Yamaha HS-8 bookshelves paired with a Yamaha MG-06 Mixer. You will still need to buy a phono stage for this set up. This is my pick of the two I have suggested.

Both the options I have suggested are within your budget, the Yamaha edging out slightly in price.

Have you auditioned anything yet? Please start visiting demo rooms/shops in your city. Listen to many combos don't rush then decide. Googling will not suffice. Carry your favorite recordings with you.

What is your room size? It will be difficult to get all your requirements in Rs 50,000.
You could consider the Marantz M-CR510 with Wharfedale or Dali Zensor bookshelves and get the CNC phono stage from Sachin. Lots of FMs are using this phonostage.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back