WIIM AMP - The future of home audio !!

Androbot

A Seamless Audio Revolution: The WIIM Amp Brings Integrated Wireless Streaming to Your Home

For years, I’ve been a staunch advocate of wireless audio, despite being a firm believer in the superior fidelity of hardwired gear. The dream has always been a fully integrated, seamless system that allows effortless access to music from any device—whether it be a laptop, mobile, or digital audio player (DAP). Yet, despite my efforts over the past two or three years, I found myself grappling with fragmented solutions that never quite lived up to my expectations.

That was until the WIIM Amp came into the picture. Launched by Linkplay, a company that has been making waves in the streaming world since 2021 with their WIIM Mini, this product caught my attention as it seemed to offer the complete package I had been searching for. Initially, my journey began with curiosity sparked by ‘Darko Audio’ videos and various online reviews, but I lacked the motivation to make a purchase. It wasn't until I decided to upgrade my integrated amplifier that I began asking AV experts about a device that could combine streaming + amplification.

When I reached out to ‘hifimart’—the same source from which I had purchased my previous setup—Anil, a knowledgeable & an expert in home audio solution, suggested the WIIM Amp. My first reaction was skepticism; I had always associated WIIM with streaming devices, not amplifiers. However, intrigued by the prospect, I delved into research and reviews. The feedback was mixed, reflecting the disruptive nature of this product, which offers a wealth of streaming options alongside Class D amplification at an incredibly competitive price point. Naturally, such a bold move divided opinions—some embraced the innovatio

****continued from above********

innovation, while others remained critical.

A Boon for the Modern Audiophile

After three days of using the WIIM Amp, I can confidently say that this device is a game-changer for anyone seeking the ability to play music from any source, through any device at home. The flexibility is unparalleled. Whether you’re streaming from Qobuz, Tidal, Amazon Music, or Apple Music, or diving into a personal music collection spanning 160GB of AIFF, WAV, FLAC, ALAC, AAC, and MP3 files, the WIIM Amp delivers. The WIIM Home App has transformed my music experience; with a simple tap, I can access my entire collection with ease. The player never truly powers down, instead entering a standby mode, ready to spring to life the moment I hit play on my mobile device.

The feature list is extensive and impressive: multiple integrated streaming apps, room correction, a 10-band equalizer, parametric equalization (PEQ), Bluetooth capabilities (both as a receiver and transmitter), line-in, optical in, subwoofer out with bass management, and regular firmware updates. The convenience and functionality on offer are truly remarkable for a device at this price point.

The Sound Quality: A Work in Progress

Sound quality is inherently subjective, and after just a few days, it’s too early to deliver a definitive verdict. However, I will share my initial impressions. The WIIM Amp does not deliver a flat or balanced sound by default. The audio is colored, necessitating some EQ adjustments to match my listening preferences—something I typically avoid with other players, as I generally prefer a neutral sound profile. Once tweaked, the sound became more pleasing, although there is noticeable distortion at higher volumes (above 90%). That said, playing CD-quality or hi-res tracks revealed a richer dynamic range, better soundstage, and improved stereo separation.

The Verdict: A Disruptive Force in Affordable Audio

At its budget-friendly price, the WIIM Amp is a no-brainer for anyone seeking a stereo audio system with comprehensive streaming capabilities. The convenience it offers, combined with the inclusion of a subwoofer out and dedicated bass management, allows users to create a 2.1 system and enjoy the full potential of WIIM's technology. While this amp is not without its flaws, the advantages far outweigh the drawbacks.

For those on the lookout for an affordable, versatile, and integrated audio solution, the WIIM Amp stands out as a compelling option. It may not be perfect, but in the realm of budget audio equipment, it is a worthy contender that redefines expectations.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back