Yamaha YHT 3072 vs Pioneer HTP-076

Jason_Cruze

Hello Everyone, I want a decent HTiB system for my 200 sq ft room, hoping they provide decent sound, much better than current sound bars in this price category.

I do not wish to spend more than 50K for my initial HT system. Due to the pandemic all the components have increased in price. Will expand later down the road.

I own LG CX 65 inch as my TV. I mainly use my TV for movies and streaming TV shows with occasional watching from my Binge+ set top box.

The issue I'm facing with my TV is that the sound quality off my TV when streaming videos from my android box is very bad and the dialogue cannot be heard even at max volume but the sound is much better from the apps directly loaded on the TV.

Based on various suggestion and reviews, these two HTiB system seems to be in the same price bracket with minor differences, Please suggest which will be the better HT system for me. Thanks

YHT 3072 - Has Active Subwoofer and YPAO, lacks Atmos and DTS-X support.
HTP-076 - Has Atmos @ 3.1.2 and DTS-X support lacks active subwoofer, only passive.

I live in Chennai btw, please help me choose the right HT system. Thanks

Hi Thanks for your suggestion, any other options I can go with my current budget of less than 50K with a sub.
Since you have restricted budget to 50k and want to have HT experience and upgrade down the line, you may go with Yamaha as of now.

Further down the line you can upgrade as per following
1. Left & Right Speakers
2. Center Speaker
3. Subwoofer
4. Atmos AVR

You can use your current speakers as surround & atmos in future. You can use your both sub as most AVR support dual sub. Only AVR will left unused in this upgrade cycle which you can sell off or use in another room.
Try to keep box and contents of AVR which shall help you in getting better price.

Since you have restricted budget to 50k and want to have HT experience and upgrade down the line, you may go with Yamaha as of now.

Further down the line you can upgrade as per following
1. Left & Right Speakers
2. Center Speaker
3. Subwoofer
4. Atmos AVR

You can use your current speakers as surround & atmos in future. You can use your both sub as most AVR support dual sub. Only AVR will left unused in this upgrade cycle which you can sell off or use in another room.
Try to keep box and contents of AVR which shall help you in getting better price.
What about going with HTR 3072 AVR from Yamaha with Taga v506 5.0 HT without sub. This also amounts to 50K. So will this be any good compared to the whole setup of HTR 3072 with NS-P41 speaker package( YHT 3072).

Just to add, I have an old set of Sony speakers SS-GN100D R and L, are they any good, can it be paired with the YHT 3072, replacing the existing R and L channels. For reference of the speakers look at this video SS-GN100D

If you only getting AVR, then there are many options, denon 550bt and some others. You can use your existing speakers with any avr. However depending on their power, keep avr power less than that.

If you only getting AVR, then there are many options, denon 550bt and some others. You can use your existing speakers with any avr. However depending on their power, keep avr power less than that.
AV receivers - Denon x250BT & Yamaha HTR 3072 costs about 30K
Denon x550BT costs 40K+ and rest of the speakers when bought separately will breach my budget.

Can I buy YHT 3072(comes with 5 speakers and active sub) and ditch the left and right channel and use the Sony speakers instead. I'm not sure on the power but the back of the Sony speaker says it is rated 6 ohms. Will it work with 3072 AV receiver.
OR
Is it better to go with these options

HTR 3072 + TAGA v506 5.0 HT system without sub woofer.

Denon x250BT + TAGA v506 5.0 HT without sub woofer.

Thanks and sorry for the silly questions.

1. Yamaha 3072 can drive your Sony speakers easily.
2. While choosing avr, you have to decide what must have features it should have and what you could live without. If you have some feature in your mind which your are not getting now, you will start searching for next avr upgrade in few months time and will loose money in this case.
Most of people choose 7.1 avr because if you choose 5.1 now and later upgrade to 7.1, again you loose considerable amount.

My suggestion is Buy good 7.1 atmos avr, use your current Sony speakers. Down the line upgrade as I mentioned earlier.
Within 50k budget, you could search for last gen avr. Good atmos setup at the end will cross 2 lac. If your ultimate aim is atmos setup, you could save by not buying items which will not form part of your final setup.

1. Yamaha 3072 can drive your Sony speakers easily.
2. While choosing avr, you have to decide what must have features it should have and what you could live without. If you have some feature in your mind which your are not getting now, you will start searching for next avr upgrade in few months time and will loose money in this case.
Most of people choose 7.1 avr because if you choose 5.1 now and later upgrade to 7.1, again you loose considerable amount.

My suggestion is Buy good 7.1 atmos avr, use your current Sony speakers. Down the line upgrade as I mentioned earlier.
Within 50k budget, you could search for last gen avr. Good atmos setup at the end will cross 2 lac. If your ultimate aim is atmos setup, you could save by not buying items which will not form part of your final setup.
I believe Atmos setup will require connections to ceiling firing speakers which will never happen, no intention of doing it. I hope Atmos content will play as Dolby TrueHD and same with DTS-X will play as DTS-HD, correct me if I'm wrong and looking at my room size is less than 200 square feet, I think 5.1 setup is more than sufficient. Maybe as suggested will upgrade my center channel down the road after prices get stabilized.

My only gripe is should I go for the DIY route and buy a sub later, will the sound quality be better when using 3072 with Taga v506 OR is it better to get the HTiB package and replace the left and right with Sony speakers (hoping they would work) for now and enjoy the active 8 sub which comes with it.

Any thoughts @ukjeyaraj , @efernand1 Sorry for dragging you guys hoping you guys could help. Thanks

With atmos out of picture, you can look for following package though little out of your budget but it was suggested to me when I was also looking for setup
It's with Denon 550bt

With atmos out of picture, you can look for following package though little out of your budget but it was suggested to me when I was also looking for setup
It's with Denon 550bt
The speaker package itself costs 70K and with 550BT it costs 80K, So the actual rate of the speakers must be 35 to 40K. I will try in the grey market. I could get either Denon -250BT or 3072 and save some money there instead of 550BT.

The speaker package itself costs 70K and with 550BT it costs 80K, So the actual rate of the speakers must be 35 to 40K. I will try in the grey market. I could get either Denon -250BT or 3072 and save some money there instead of 550BT.
Or you could contact Mr. Anil from Hifimart if he can offer any discount to you

You can get Yamaha V585 being sold in classified

You can get Yamaha V585 being sold in classified

Will this receiver support DTS HD and True HD when using 5.1 channel?

Sony higher end models have the best bass and vocal clarity... avoid low end models... below 50k..

we have auditioned polk , yamaha speakers .. they sounded like robot singing a song thru radio ... pls avoid them.. sony is miles ahead of these junk. Always go by biggest brands .. bose, sony , jbl....

Sony higher end models have the best bass and vocal clarity... avoid low end models... below 50k..

we have auditioned polk , yamaha speakers .. they sounded like robot singing a song thru radio ... pls avoid them.. sony is miles ahead of these junk. Always go by biggest brands .. bose, sony , jbl....
Seriously?? Since how long u r working for Sony?

Atleast the dude mentions JBL in the same sentence with Sony.
Now the Sony has some competition.
JBl is atleast well known brand who do research and maintain r&D... not like denon china stuff. They dont even have good UI till now. Just outsourced china UI.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back