2.1 setup

mayank12

Hi everyone..

I am a newbie to this fantastic world....:) Great to learn from u guys....have made up my mind to make a 2.1 setup (which can be upgraded to 5.1 gradually )

My requirements are
1. A stereo amp(wiil it do or i need to buy both) My pref is NAD
2. A pair of FS

Room size is 20*20

My budget is 70K. Please advice best possible brands and combo.
Love hearing bollywood songs and some english chartbusters.( Require clarity and good tight base not very loud)

for listening bollywood songs, you don't need to spend so much money. ipod is good enough + some speakers (made for ipod)

Considering your budget and your room size, i suggest you invest 50-50 on amp and speakers. This way you can even think of upgrades on later in your journey.. A big bookshelf is not a bad idea either considering the fact that you're not a big fan of bass and tight stuff would do..

you can try polk audio, wharfedale or even the quad 11l2 won't be a bad idea even though it isn't as big, it is very much capable of handling high power.. it also depends on the kind of sound you like listening to bcoz all these speakers have their own characteristics and sound totally diff..

just so as you know, it hasn't been long since i got into this world and it was off late that i bought my amplifier.. trying to do things in stages and next on my to buy list is a pair of good speakers.. i have shortlisted the following few:

Dali Ikon 2
Kef Q300
Focal chorus 807V
PSB and Usher..

read the reviews for these and you could even audition most of the ones above in Delhi.. Have you shortlisted any as yet??

Just remember that every component is just as imp as it can get, bcoz a slack anywhere in the chain will screw the sound.. Good luck buddy!

hi, i m also new to the world of grt sound... need advice frm u guys... want a good system primarily for music... after some research homed onto Marantz pm 5005 with boston acoustics a26... is it good or do u guys suggest something else??? HELP ME PLZ

hi, i m also new to the world of grt sound... need advice frm u guys... want a good system primarily for music... after some research homed onto Marantz pm 5005 with boston acoustics a26... is it good or do u guys suggest something else??? HELP ME PLZ

Best if you start a new thread. Else things might get confusing.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back