5.1 speakers under 30K

abhijeet309

Please help me choosing 5.1 speakers for for my new HT setup....
Room size is 22 x 11 Feet, Usage is 80% Movies 20% Music.
AVR is Yamaha RXV 473....Few speakers which I short listed are:
HARMAN KARDON HKTS 20BQ, ENERGY RC MICRO,POLK AUDIO TL1600, BOSTON ACOUSTICS SOUNDWARE XS, MARTIN LOGAN MLT2....
Please suggest me what to choose any other speakers suggestion are welcome....

you should audition all these and find out which sound signature you like. decide based on what your ears tell you.

Please help me choosing 5.1 speakers for for my new HT setup....
Room size is 22 x 11 Feet, Usage is 80% Movies 20% Music.
AVR is Yamaha RXV 473....Few speakers which I short listed are:
HARMAN KARDON HKTS 20BQ, ENERGY RC MICRO,POLK AUDIO TL1600, BOSTON ACOUSTICS SOUNDWARE XS, MARTIN LOGAN MLT2....
Please suggest me what to choose any other speakers suggestion are welcome....

Why dont you consider ENERGY TAKE CLASSIC 5.1... Excellent sound for the speaker size... Good for Movies and Music.... Give a try you wont be disappointed...

If your receiver is yamaha, go for speakers that match the receiver. Generally bright speakers should be paired with warmer receivers and vice versa for a more balanced sound. You should demo as many speakers with your receiver and then decide.

Why dont you consider ENERGY TAKE CLASSIC 5.1... Excellent sound for the speaker size... Good for Movies and Music.... Give a try you wont be disappointed...

I would love to buy Take Classic but I am not getting them anywhere in India. Can anyone tell where can i get them...

Friends as my budget is tight should I go for 2.1, two bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer, Later I will buy two floor standing speakers.....what do u guys think?????

very ggod idea........if budget is tight then just buy a pair of fronts.....later add centr,rear,and a sub as and when budget permits........so u wont compronmise the quality..

If you are planning to go ahead with stereo setup, try Monitor Audio BX2 once. It blends beautifully with Yamaha.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Friends as my budget is tight should I go for 2.1, two bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer, Later I will buy two floor standing speakers.....what do u guys think?????

I would suggest to build the HT over a period time as & when your budget allows. If today you opt for small sat & sub combo, you might feel the pinch a few years later.. So better be patient and build it, you can enjoy for years....

Check out the Sonodyne Sonus range (Indian Brand)

Sonodyne Sonus 2605 (FS) - 26K, Sonodyne Sonus 2504 (FS) - 17K, Sonodyne Sonus 1501 (BS) - 9K, Sonodyne Sonus C2401 (Center)- 6K, Sonodyne Sonus Rears (Dipole Surround) - 10K, Also they have 3 different subs in the range of 15 - 25K.

Audition them.. If you like them, mix match your combination for your budget

you can go for polk audio recently my friend bought them and they sound great enough to blow away the room size you have, here is the description...

Polk audio 4 x TSI 100-12k/pair, cost you 24k for front and surround
polk audio CS 10 center channel for -10k
polk audio PSW 110 for 15k

total package will cost you 49k and you can bargain and get some discount as well.

Sonodyne Sonus 2605 (FS) - 26K, Sonodyne Sonus 2504 (FS) - 17K, Sonodyne Sonus 1501 (BS) - 9K, Sonodyne Sonus C2401 (Center)- 6K, Sonodyne Sonus Rears (Dipole Surround) - 10K, Also they have 3 different subs in the range of 15 - 25K.

Audition them.. If you like them, mix match your combination for your budget

the prices for fs and bs mentioned are for pairs or for each piece?
thank you

You guys are right I think I should build the speakers slowly....will audition Polk audio and sonodyne.
where can i audition sonodyne in Mumbai????

You guys are right I think I should build the speakers slowly....will audition Polk audio and sonodyne.
where can i audition sonodyne in Mumbai????

Sonodyne Office, Mumbai

Sonodyne Electronics Co. Pvt. Ltd.
Asian house, Plot no D-7/1, 2nd floor, Road no.16, MIDC, Andheri (E) Mumbai 400093 .Tel: +91 22 28353024

Happy hunting :ohyeah:

Should I try Wharfedal as well....getting Diamond 9.1 BS for 16K and Diamond 9 CC for 10K on hifimart......is this a good deal.....or should I bargain

Should I try Wharfedal as well....getting Diamond 9.1 BS for 16K and Diamond 9 CC for 10K on hifimart......is this a good deal.....or should I bargain

I don't have any idea about Diamond 9.1 but I've listened to 10.1. They are not bass heavy and midrange was not so clear.

Bass should not be a concern as you can always buy a subwoofer for the same. The only concern is midrange where you should concentrate.
Try to audition different brands and let your ears decide. :)

BTW... while going for audition try to take some tracks which have blowing wind, or droplets falling or glass breaking sounds. These tracks might help you to judge the clarity of the speakers.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back