65 inch tv in 1 lakh - till Diwali

msankadi

Hi

I have been using vu 65ut for past 4 years for my living room....we have a projector epson tw9400 for big screen viewing

However, now we want to upgrade the tv...earlier we were thinking of a 65 inch oled from the big 3...but after seeing the tvs my wife said no need to spend so much as she doesn't find that huge of a differece to spend 1.6-7L

So my question to you all is this:

Which is the best tv under 1L (I can wait for best offer till diwali no rush)...to watch streaming content through fire stick or apple tv + pc kodi 4k remuxes? We dont use cable or 720p like ever...or at most <5% so upscaling is not required...+ my pc already has 4080ti to upscale

One thing that I really hated in the Vu 65ut (some hisense under the hood) was the weird Dolby vision which went completely dark...so I would rather skip having DV in favor of HDR altogether if that wont be watchable in this range

Last edited:
Hi

I have been using vu 65ut for past 4 years for my living room....we have a projector epson tw9400 for big screen viewing

However, now we want to upgrade the tv...earlier we were thinking of a 65 inch oled from the big 3...but after seeing the tvs my wife said no need to spend so much as she doesn't find that huge of a differece to spend 1.6-7L

So my question to you all is this:

Which is the best tv under 1L (I can wait for best offer till diwali no rush)...to watch streaming content through fire stick or apple tv + pc kodi 4k remuxes? We dont use cable or 720p like ever...or at most <5% so upscaling is not required...+ my pc already has 4080ti to upscale

One thing that I really hated in the Vu 65ut (some hisense under the hood) was the weird Dolby vision which went completely dark...so I would rather skip having DV in favor of HDR altogether if that wont be watchable in this range
watching this thread as i am in the same boat, planning to pick up a 65 inch TV for our living room, already have a HT setup for viewing content on a large screen
i was looking at Hisense U7k 65 inches
@msankadi will tag along here to get suggestions instead of starting another thread

U7n will launch shortly don't buy U7k.. Check out sale pages on flipkart if you are ok to gamble on hisense support and QC levels

U7n will launch shortly don't buy U7k.. Check out sale pages on flipkart if you are ok to gamble on hisense support and QC levels
Thanks yes i actually saw some listings of u7n while searching for u7k... By sale pages do you mean reviews on flip kart?

One more thing I forgot to mention... I might be going to dubai in q4... Is it worth and feasible getting a tv from there esp as I have heard the good hisense and TCL never make it to India

One more thing I forgot to mention... I might be going to dubai in q4... Is it worth and feasible getting a tv from there esp as I have heard the good hisense and TCL never make it to India
You will pay customs and risk bringing in a damaged tv unless you get in the loading bay and save your tv. Try your luck.
Also for hisense remember the Indian panel differs from the global ones eg Dimming zones, type of panel and QC is pathetic.. Buy it in first sale or risk getting returned items and items that receive poor service. Tcl in India is definitely not the same level as phoren land either. Listed the u7n page from the Goat sale promo on Flipkart app, might havelisted just this morning so not many might be aware so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240711_101816.jpg
    Screenshot_20240711_101816.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 14
T
You will pay customs and risk bringing in a damaged tv unless you get in the loading bay and save your tv. Try your luck.
Also for hisense remember the Indian panel differs from the global ones eg Dimming zones, type of panel and QC is pathetic.. Buy it in first sale or risk getting returned items and items that receive poor service. Tcl in India is definitely not the same level as phoren land either. Listed the u7n page from the Goat sale promo on Flipkart app, might havelisted just this morning so not many might be aware so far.

Oh then might not make sense if customs and damage is an issue esp with how greedy the govt is with taxes and duties nowadays

You say that the tv has been listed just this morning but there are 500+ reviews and se say they have been using the tv for a year... What am I missing?

T

Oh then might not make sense if customs and damage is an issue esp with how greedy the govt is with taxes and duties nowadays

You say that the tv has been listed just this morning but there are 500+ reviews and se say they have been using the tv for a year... What am I missing?
Basic Google on model number and some efforts on clicking link and reading product description is what you are missing to be precise. Flipkart and amazon relink new launches with past year model reviews if you still didn't get it.

I think you need to pay 38% duty on the imported TV that too on the price of a similarly spec'ed TV in India.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back