Active Speakers vs New Amplifier/Speakers

Wife acceptance factor, wife approval factor, or wife appeal factor (WAF) is an assessment of design elements that either increase or diminish the likelihood a wife will approve the purchase of expensive consumer electronics products such as high fidelity loudspeakers and home theater systems. WAF is a tongue-in-cheek play on electronics jargon such as "form factor" and "power factor" and derives from the stereotype that men are predisposed to appreciate gadgetry and performance criteria whereas women must be wooed by visual and aesthetic factors.

The term is considered a sexist term by some people, for example women in the high fidelity hobbyist community, who have stated the sexism in the community is reflected by use of the phrase WAF. Some people have used the non-gender-specific term significant other acceptance parameters (SOAP)

Fun fact- We both went together to buy NAD amp at Lakozy in 2004 , that was before we got married. 19+ yrs on, our married life is going good, my hearing is still good and I play really loud music when she is not at home, but pin drop silence when she is around.
So no late night listening sessions (Good ol' college days) and I get my morning breakfast - that's our mutual agreement.

Last edited:
Wife acceptance factor, wife approval factor, or wife appeal factor (WAF) is an assessment of design elements that either increase or diminish the likelihood a wife will approve the purchase of expensive consumer electronics products such as high fidelity loudspeakers and home theater systems. WAF is a tongue-in-cheek play on electronics jargon such as "form factor" and "power factor" and derives from the stereotype that men are predisposed to appreciate gadgetry and performance criteria whereas women must be wooed by visual and aesthetic factors.
Cecily Strong Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

:confused:

The term is considered a sexist term by some people, for example women in the high fidelity hobbyist community, who have stated the sexism in the community is reflected by use of the phrase WAF. Some people have used the non-gender-specific term significant other acceptance parameters (SOAP)

Fun fact- We both went together to buy NAD amp at Lakozy in 2004 , that was before we got married. 19+ yrs on, our married life is going good, my hearing is still good and I play really loud music when she is not at home, but pin drop silence when she is around.
So no late night listening sessions (Good ol' college days) and I get my morning breakfast - that's our mutual agreement.
😂

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back