Advice in Quad Z2 and S2

audiopro

Hello

Does anyone have experience with the Quad S2 and Z2 speakers? If yes please share what they sound like and how they were being driven.

Refer to this thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/quad-dealer-in-bangalore.14636/#post-811543

Quad speakers are hard to beat at the price. s2 will offer better performance/buck. I drove my s2 with naim and marantz pm8003 amp. Dont need too much powerful amp to drive them. Very finicky about placement and very refined tweeter they got. The ribbon tweeter is the highlight of quad z/s series. Its not in your face like typical ribbon tweeter but disperses high frequency sound in a very different presentation than normal tweeter. It gets tine to get used too. These speakers do not have a very exciting sound at first listen like many other speakers, they are on smooth and laid back side, balanced sound, not neutral they have some color to them but are true to tone for instruments such as piano.

Refer to this thread https://www.hifivision.com/threads/quad-dealer-in-bangalore.14636/#post-811543

Quad speakers are hard to beat at the price. s2 will offer better performance/buck. I drove my s2 with naim and marantz pm8003 amp. Dont need too much powerful amp to drive them. Very finicky about placement and very refined tweeter they got. The ribbon tweeter is the highlight of quad z/s series. Its not in your face like typical ribbon tweeter but disperses high frequency sound in a very different presentation than normal tweeter. It gets tine to get used too. These speakers do not have a very exciting sound at first listen like many other speakers, they are on smooth and laid back side, balanced sound, not neutral they have some color to them but are true to tone for instruments such as piano.
Thanks for the reply. Thanks JayaRaa for calling firearm out.

What's the bass like? What stands did you use?

I
Thanks for the reply. Thanks JayaRaa for calling firearm out.

What's the bass like? What stands did you use?

I used sound foundations stands, bass is tuneful but not overpowering, i liked the bass, it was like a bulb shaped, not boom boom bass

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back