AliExpress

Amitdubey

Hello All - Does anyone have experience in buying 50k plus inr amp and dacs from AliExpress? Please share your experience. I am interested in SMSL and Topping products

Hello All - Does anyone have experience in buying 50k plus inr amp and dacs from AliExpress? Please share your experience. I am interested in SMSL and Topping products
For highvalue item I would recommend buying from a local dealer who can provide you after sales service... having said that, I have bought low value items from aliexpress for diy stuff but never high value items.. you just need to be careful from whom you are buying and who is the shipper. Further last I heard was, Indian Govt. Has plugged the loophole that they were exploiting... namely importing items into India marked as "sample" or "gifts".. with that loophole gone I am not sure what tax implications it might have.

Hmm, Thank you. But do we have dealers for chi fi equipment in India where the price performance ratio is tremendous?

Hmm, Thank you. But do we have dealers for chi fi equipment in India where the price performance ratio is tremendous?
headphonezone deals chi-fi products like iems , dac/amps but they dont deal hi end products from topping and smsl
Fiio has its own website for indian market where they even offer their flagship products
Like urself im also looking to buy good dacs like DX7s or D90 from topping unfortunatly theres no official dealer in india

Hi,
I would advise you strongly NOT to purchase from Aliexpress. I have been using AE, to purchase various electronics, fashion jewellery, car accessories etc, since 2017. But my most recent purchase, A Mini PC, ended badly for me. The package was held in Chennai Customs and they levied an import tax of Rs. 10,500/-. The PC itself was worth only 9k.
But another hassle, would be the current COVID 19 issue and since its China related. Officials at customs would sure as hell, check your package, and If they find out the Original MRP, your import duties would also sky rocket.
--- All the best

I have bought cheaper SMSL Sanskrit DAC from Aliexpress in the past. Paid around 42% duty.

I bought many items from AliExpress. But will not be comfortable buying a 50K+ item from there.

Instead check if your required item is available on Banggood, select India Direct Mail as shipping method with shipping insurance and tariff insurance (which will cover both customs and item lost). I very recently ordered a Full HD Projector which reached safely in 20 days without any customs. All the best.

Instead check if your required item is available on Banggood, select India Direct Mail as shipping method with shipping insurance and tariff insurance (which will cover both customs and item lost). I very recently ordered a Full HD Projector which reached safely in 20 days without any customs. All the best.
Thank you, very helpful!

Isn’t banggod also chinese site? It resembles Ali express in look n feel ..
Yaa, it too is a Chinese website like Ali and Gearbest. But many have better shopping experience on Banggood including faster shipments. I never had any issues with both Banggood and Ali though with Ali shipments are always late, need to have patience.

Extremely low cost items never come through aliexpress in my case. Items costing 2k + INR i have received it but in 2 months time. I had ordered a Topping Desktop amp stand , which never got shipped. But i have seen many cases of items coming through for IEMs/DAPs albeit a little late, I think its a combination of your luck and seller promptness. The buyer protection is a really good in Aliexpress, in all cases i have received my money back.

dont go for suce high value item from ali

1.issues will be customs, u can end up paying more than u r saving 2. if any problem arises even if its in warranty shipping back is big headache

and in one case my frens hiby r6 got faluty so he shipped it back and after repair when it came back he again hd to pay customs for that, so avoid

u can try pre loved gear on fb ther u can get these stuff for less

Yaa, it too is a Chinese website like Ali and Gearbest. But many have better shopping experience on Banggood including faster shipments. I never had any issues with both Banggood and Ali though with Ali shipments are always late, need to have patience.
It depends upon area to area AliExpress standard shipping (18-28 days) usually get delivered even before 18 days..... China registered post/Singapore post took around max 25 days......... according to my experience (East Delhi). But still AliExpress is preferred against bangood/gearbest. Still not preferably for 10k plus transaction.

Chi fi getting so good these days on all fronts. I am really interested in so many products from topping, SMSL, sabaj brands. Do we have any distributors in India for these brands? Have only seen Fiio here in India as they have entered or market. But we are missing out on so many good brands.

We can make a conscious effort to not buy from these sites, to break the chinese dominance, in a small way, especially as these are not essential or high tech items which cannot be bought elsewhere. Of course, the Govt has to do a lot in this regard.

Have any of you noticed any weird changes in shipping policies of Ali express?? earlier almost all of the items had free shipping to India or when you search..you can click on free shipping filter and most still appeared. Last week or so I notice almost all the items come with shipping fees to India..that too...50-60 dollars for 3-4 USD items. Now only EMS india is listed whereas earlier you had lots of options..china..singapore..turkey..what not...plus all free.

Even items that i want to reorder which cost me 4-5 dollars and still costs the same...free shipping has turned into 30-50 USD shipping. Not sure if its the virus or a bug in the system or India customs prohibiting such transactions...definitely disappointing.

Manufacturing ability and creativity needs a serious thinking and work that shall take 20-30 years..as of now all we could copy (that to very badly) is tiktok videos that ppl are using it to entertain each other.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back