AliExpress

We should absolutely discourage Chinese stuff as much as possible...unless it’s super cheap and super good and not easily available here

First is to identify what products india needs or might need and then produce it with best quality.. this is what America n Europe are doing to avoid being mauled by chinese industry . This way with shall catch market attention and bring business here. Rather than working as spectators..it’s time to ride the bull

Alps potentiometer that I ordered back in January from Aliexpress still hasn't reached India. I understand that there are problems with transportation due to Covid situation, but the 9 product by any chance get delivered to me?
I have contacted the seller several times and they didn't provide clear information to any of my requests. I eventually opened a dispute and Aliexpress agreed to procees refund. Though I still haven't received any refund yet, I'm wondering what will happen to the product that they claim it's still in transit.

Alps potentiometer that I ordered back in January from Aliexpress still hasn't reached India. I understand that there are problems with transportation due to Covid situation, but the 9 product by any chance get delivered to me?
I have contacted the seller several times and they didn't provide clear information to any of my requests. I eventually opened a dispute and Aliexpress agreed to procees refund. Though I still haven't received any refund yet, I'm wondering what will happen to the product that they claim it's still in transit.
You might get lucky and get the item as well as refund, it has happened in some cases that ppl have got the item delivered after refund.

First is to identify what products india needs or might need and then produce it with best quality.. this is what America n Europe are doing to avoid being mauled by chinese industry . This way with shall catch market attention and bring business here. Rather than working as spectators..it’s time to ride the bull

One needs persistence and patience.

Next time one visits the market to buy a laptop or white goods or mobile...it is necessary to Vocalize the requirement for an Indian option.

The sellers must hear the explicit vocalization and sometimes waving the stick ( No deal ) must be an option on the table.

This is what is my plan

Current requirement for 2 white goods in the home as a replacement...

Will walk the talk.

Have any of you noticed any weird changes in shipping policies of Ali express?? earlier almost all of the items had free shipping to India or when you search..you can click on free shipping filter and most still appeared. Last week or so I notice almost all the items come with shipping fees to India..that too...50-60 dollars for 3-4 USD items. Now only EMS india is listed whereas earlier you had lots of options..china..singapore..turkey..what not...plus all free.

Even items that i want to reorder which cost me 4-5 dollars and still costs the same...free shipping has turned into 30-50 USD shipping. Not sure if its the virus or a bug in the system or India customs prohibiting such transactions...definitely disappointing.
Its Corona impact...even the items i had ordered 3 months back are not yet delivered...and without my consent seller (or aliexpress themselves) extended the delivery time by another month or two...now most of the items they are shipping by DHL or TNT only...not much through standard shipping or post

SMSL is extreme VFM but they have high QC issues. After sales can be a big problem if you get a bad unit. Look into FiiO OR iFi/other premium stuff available in India. Check out RME. They are one of the best in the world. Endgame type gear.

Last edited:
Its Corona impact...even the items i had ordered 3 months back are not yet delivered...and without my consent seller (or aliexpress themselves) extended the delivery time by another month or two...now most of the items they are shipping by DHL or TNT only...not much through standard shipping or post
Same with me...items ordered in Jan got delivered in March..but Feb and Mar items stuck..am sure they have reached India..maybe customs are afraid to go near them and check...hence letting it rot for a month or two in the ship/warehouse

We can make a conscious effort to not buy from these sites, to break the chinese dominance, in a small way, especially as these are not essential or high tech items which cannot be bought elsewhere. Of course, the Govt has to do a lot in this regard.
well its very simple...if things were manufactured in India at right prices - no one will buy things from abroad. Unfortunately for a varied list of reasons including bad policies, illogical laws...etc - nothing much gets manufactured here - things we were good at manufacturing say 25 years back....some of them we still manufacture....just about everything else gets manufactured outside 100% or we import most parts and assemble it here and call it made in India. So individuals trying to look for made in india products is not practical. The sad part is that actually we have reduced manufacturing in the last 25 years. Most of the Indian products you buy are also manufactured abroad and labelled as Indian. The other day I was really surprised when a Usha table fan I ordered was actually manufactured in China - this is neither a hi-tech product plus Usha is a nostalgic Indian brand. If they can import fans from China....forget about any product that is a bit hi-tech to be manufactured in India.

I dont want to get political - but most of what our government seems to do is talk in patriotic language all the time without really doing anything - just sloganeering. Just google for a simple graph of imports from China since 2014 - that will tell u how much make in India we do. In fact much of what we export including Pharma is heavily dependent on imports from China.

I just hope and pray that this virus comes as a blessing to us at least in the manufacturing space. We need less speeches..less patriotism...less blaming others...and need to get down to business and try to wean away some of the manufacturing going to Vietnam and other parts of SEA

I agree. Why will people take chances with importing from AliExpress and like wise sites if we had options in India. There is no denying that bang for buck and overall value proposition from brands like SMSL, Topping, Sabaj, Gustard is unparalleled. In India, you can't find decent speakers, amps, dacs, daps, iems, headphones or anything. Anything really sensible globally is on massdrop only and the model pisses North Americans and even Europe cannot get access to drop products easily. Audiophile imports from rest of the world accept from China are just ridiculous in their value proposition. You are just paying towards exec salaries, audio events and shows, marketing and all the other fluff which comes at a high cost in absence of economies of scale which most hifi gear manufacturers suffer from. We as Indians easily latch on to the boycott chinese products bandwagon but will not take a risk to leave our day job to build, create, develop and contribute to our manufacturing sector and that includes me. But then this has been our story for the last two decades. We talk a lot and do very little. Not sure what the government is supposed to do apart from encouraging new small businesses and industries to emerge

Allo products, they say, are designed. developed and manufactured in India . We need more such companies to come up in India. Hope it happens soon.

I agree. Why will people take chances with importing from AliExpress and like wise sites if we had options in India. There is no denying that bang for buck and overall value proposition from brands like SMSL, Topping, Sabaj, Gustard is unparalleled. In India, you can't find decent speakers, amps, dacs, daps, iems, headphones or anything. Anything really sensible globally is on massdrop only and the model pisses North Americans and even Europe cannot get access to drop products easily. Audiophile imports from rest of the world accept from China are just ridiculous in their value proposition. You are just paying towards exec salaries, audio events and shows, marketing and all the other fluff which comes at a high cost in absence of economies of scale which most hifi gear manufacturers suffer from. We as Indians easily latch on to the boycott chinese products bandwagon but will not take a risk to leave our day job to build, create, develop and contribute to our manufacturing sector and that includes me. But then this has been our story for the last two decades. We talk a lot and do very little. Not sure what the government is supposed to do apart from encouraging new small businesses and industries to emerge

Smsl and topping gear are more reliable at places where the power fluctuations are relatively low. I had issues with my chord mojo and jds labs c5d but not with the Chinese devices yet.
But that’s just me. I don’t blindly believe all Chinese goods are bad. But on the even of a fail , yes it’s difficult to get it sorted out. Chord and JDS were very good with their support when I had the issues, got the mojo fixed very fast. Jds told me how to Fix it. We cannot expect the same from the Chinese companies though.

Same with me...items ordered in Jan got delivered in March..but Feb and Mar items stuck..am sure they have reached India..maybe customs are afraid to go near them and check...hence letting it rot for a month or two in the ship/warehouse
Even after covid is over buying expensive stuff from Ali will always have that risk factor : Bad unit/returns etc.

One option for some of us was to ask folks coming from US to get it for us..computer parts, cameras, home automation, smart speakers...thanks to Virus that option is more or less closed with no one wanting to travel atleast for the next 12 months..good news is that with no aliexpress and no friends from US.....we will be either forced to buy in India if we are desperate or we just save that money..which is not bad in these uncertain times

i am also trying to buy Topping E30 for long time now. leave aside price aftersales etc. i didnt find anyway to buy them other than ali express and they refused me for delivery because there standard delivery has not started since lockdown. if anyone has ideas plz let me know. how to buy it.

Had no issues with many stuff I had bought from Ali. And because of lockdown many of my orders are pending. But now I am getting update notification that they are reaching india. I like sonoff products, and buying from Ali is a better option for me. Though I want an Indian sonoff distributor.
My refunds had been without any issues. However, yes, we need patience while dealing with Ali.

Till now after sales has been quite satisfactory for me. My Sabaj d5 is without any issues ....and got free upgrade tool et al. Sometimes I get reminded of new firmware with just a small msg.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back