Alteenative to Wharfedale Diamond 240

music4mhell

Hello guys,

I jave decided to get Wharfedale Diamond 240.

I liked eveything about them. As i have little knowledge on HiFi.

Please suggest me some aleternatives to these spekers, whixh i should check out.

So please help me out. I did check Zensor7, thats no match for diamond 240.

In 70-80k range you have Q Acoustics 3050, Monitor Audio Bronze 5 and Usher V-602. You can try Q Acoustics in Oceanic Sound...dont know who does other two brands in Pune.

Regards

Then buy it naa, don't ask people what they like, what counts is what you like. From your post it is obvious you like the 240's, so just go and buy them

Then buy it naa, don't ask people what they like, what counts is what you like. From your post it is obvious you like the 240's, so just go and buy them

Apology if i hurt your feelings..

I cant audition all thre way speakers..

i made this thread, because if some has auditioned dimond 240 and other 3 way speakers, then he can suggest me such speaker to audition before buying diamond 240.

I just expressed my perception that diamond 240 is best from all which i auditioned, obvi there are millions of speakers out there which i cant audition.

I asked ppl like you to suggest me if there any other 3 way speakers i should take into account.

Thats all. Plz dont be angry on me for this asking :sad:

Mayank Shah...

It seems like Polk RTi A7 is pretty high in terms of price. It is impossible to get a pair of RTI A7 for 58K..

If so can you please share the shop details?

Apology if i hurt your feelings..

I cant audition all thre way speakers..

i made this thread, because if some has auditioned dimond 240 and other 3 way speakers, then he can suggest me such speaker to audition before buying diamond 240.

I just expressed my perception that diamond 240 is best from all which i auditioned, obvi there are millions of speakers out there which i cant audition.

I asked ppl like you to suggest me if there any other 3 way speakers i should take into account.

Thats all. Plz dont be angry on me for this asking :sad:

Naa, am not angry. I just wanted to say that if you like them so much, you must buy as what you hear and like is important more than anything else. what good if you buy some other speaker based on others recommendation which you have not heard and buy it to realise you do not like it? Hope you understand what i am trying to say.

Naa, am not angry. I just wanted to say that if you like them so much, you must buy as what you hear and like is important more than anything else. what good if you buy some other speaker based on others recommendation which you have not heard and buy it to realise you do not like it? Hope you understand what i am trying to say.

i wont buy on other sugestions.. i will go and audition them which others will suggest.
it may posible i will find a better speakers to my ears with other recommendations.

Just heard the Q Acoustics 3050 and the Monitor Audio Bronze 5 at Harmonie Audio in Kolkata. The soundstage and smoothness of the 3050 were amazing with just the right amount of punch. The Bronze 5 are amazing speakers for the size...and are beautifully finished. They look tiny compared to the 3050 but have good bass for their size and sound very together....if space or looks are important, they must be considered. However the 3050s clinched it for me due to their soundstage and ability to play loud...and the demo was also done with Arcam A 19 amp which I have...the synergy was very good. Hope this helps.

Mayank Shah...

It seems like Polk RTi A7 is pretty high in terms of price. It is impossible to get a pair of RTI A7 for 58K..

If so can you please share the shop details?

Hi, I bought my Polk RTi A7 from Pro FX Chennai - July end. I had taken my amp (NAD 356) and a few CD's along. Auditioned KEF 500/700/900 - the bass was so flabby. Polk TSX 550 were good but in spite of having bigger bass drivers they were flat. Got blown away with the RTi A7. Melodious highs, crunchy rhythms and tight thumping bass. It was asking for more from the amp. I was so impressed by it that I decided to buy the RTi A9, but after looking at its dimensions (and big price difference) - they were too big for the room and the pocket. The A7 itself is an overkill for my room. Never went above 10 - 11 O clock on the amp......yet

Was aware that almost all dealers had hiked up a bit stating foreign currency fluctuations but don't know about the A7. Will inquire tomorrow and let you know. Their web site still shows 68K list price - no increase in that. that's what they quoted and finally we settled for 58K.

Hi, I fully relate to what jayaraa is saying. Getting a music system should be an enjoyable journey. Do not be impulsive. Take your time. Trust your ears. Yes things do get confusing and certain things like 3 way / 2 way etc etc., might make you feel that you are getting bang for the buck. Listen to as many systems you can, and go with your ears. The sound which brings a smile to your heart is the one. then it will never matter what way it is. At the end of the day it is not just another piece of hardware in your home to look good or show off - it should feel good to you no matter what. Keep listening. share your journey. Till then cheers.

I had been in the similar situation a few years ago and based on my experience, if you go with renowned brands all mentioned above, you will not go wrong but the amp and source play major roles. Per my experience, all integrateds have pretty inferior preamps. A power amp is way better. A dac with volume control feeding a power amp is deadly combination.

Sorry, I did not go through entire chain to figure out as to what of your rest of the system is.

I had been in the similar situation a few years ago and based on my experience, if you go with renowned brands all mentioned above, you will not go wrong but the amp and source play major roles. Per my experience, all integrateds have pretty inferior preamps. A power amp is way better. A dac with volume control feeding a power amp is deadly combination.

Sorry, I did not go through entire chain to figure out as to what of your rest of the system is.

Hello, You are right. Comparing the prices (and widespread availability) of renowned brands here in India and in the US, it makes a majority of us very envious. We get ripped off with taxes / import duties...............

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back