Amp or receiver for Dali sensor 3

If it's 70-80% music, go for Integ amp Marantz PM6005/6006 else choose betn Marantz NR1506 / NR1606 (future proof as well)

I had decided on marantz nr 1506, but the dealer suggested it is not good enough compared to a stereo amplifier.
Which model of denon do you have.

The usage should decide what is needed. If it's going to be music only, then definitely a stereo amp, else if it's going to be movies with full 5.1 surround then only go for a receiver, else again a stereo amp can do well as stereo for movies too.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Arcam A19, currently running Zensor 7's they were earlier driving the Zensor 3.

Even Marantz go well with Dali - Slightly bright for my taste though.

Zensor series is a very easy drive one. Pretty linear but they tend to sound bright if being paired with bright electronics.

I believe this particular one is a very easy to drive. Now question is what kind of music do you listen whats your budget?

I heard Marantz 6005 ,arcam f19, cyine,Cambridge cxa, Exposure 2010,Nad 356, Primare i22 and sugden !!

Any day I will go for CXA 80 & Primare i22 (1 lakh +) Thats my choice...audition and finalised as its response towards mid range to high end amplifier is also very linear!!!

Zensor series is a very easy drive one. Pretty linear but they tend to sound bright if being paired with bright electronics.

that's a mighty interesting generalization.

you know of course that a shoe rack or a treadmill can change that bright to dead or the other way around don't you, and that your room does things to your music that you attribute to your electronics :)

(both of the above are true stories)

ciao
gr

PS: Hi-fi = HIgh FIdelity

Last edited:
OP wants something within 50K so I think that NAD and Marantz are the best in that budget. Both of them are quite bright but the OP didn't say what kinda genre he prefers.

Last edited:
I think that NAD and Marantz are the best in that budget. Both of them are quite bright but the OP didn't say what kinda genre he prefers.

Respectfully do not agree and call you out on that.

I have Marantz and Zensor in my set up for a long time with some basic room treatment, the best positioning i could manage and active correction.

Not bright. Not by a long shot. Where you are listening is what makes the difference

For the record I have not heard NAD.

I would also think that HiFi is - in general - not genre specific.

ciao
gr

Can you elaborate on that please, thanks

I had posted about a reflection from a shoe rack that was coming in the way of imaging (on hfv, unable to find the post just now, will do)

treadmill
http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhanc...oom-acoustics-diy-ready-use-7.html#post720201

some others

Why
http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/53080-room-treatment-advice-3.html#post629233

goal
http://www.hifivision.com/diy/61250-effects-speaker-placement-room-treatment-4.html#post680136

ciao
gr

Suggest an amp for Dali sensor 3 budget 50k

Hello Dear,

Go for NAD rather than Marantz as NAD will give it a punch, it is full bodied and bold sound, NAD is little warmer side as compare to Marantz , and in my opinion best matches with dail, In Dali-marantz combo you will not get good bass and punch. and yes your budget is good for your speakers, try to used one also you will get better value, apart from NAD, Naim, Arcam and roksan also well matching amps with Dali.
Best way is go for audition. it is your ear because every brand has different sound signature. but if you listen marantz and nad both at same place with dali so will easily find out the thing which i want to say.

In one of the issues of what hi-fi they had paired different combos of speakers and amps. Their suggestion was to go with the zensor 3 and nad d3020. I haven't heard the combo but just thought of sharing.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

In one of the issues of what hi-fi they had paired different combos of speakers and amps. Their suggestion was to go with the zensor 3 and nad d3020. I haven't heard the combo but just thought of sharing.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

+1, nice Combo plus Value for money.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back