Anode Acoustics Solid State Monoblock Amplifiers

somdas823

Specification - The one I am using delivers 140 watts @ 4 ohms used to drive Dali Opticon 6 MKII speakers. Extremely powerful making >50% volume unbearable in a residential condition. In fact, neighbors complained twice when played @ 40% for 30 minutes+. Hence, I believe any home speaker would be a cakewalk for this unit. (AA also makes 230 watt version of the same).

Aesthetics – Powder coated matt black, hence looks amazing if dust is not allowed to be accumulated on.They are small enough to be tucked away in a stack formation as well as large enough to flaunt, in case you prefer the same. (It is indeed a subjective topic hence sharing the reference snaps.)

Build Quality – Extremely well built in a sturdy minimalistic design with thick cooling fins. The heat dissipation is so well managed that the temperature never crossed 47.5 degree Celsius even after 4 hours of continuous listening at high volumes. In one phrase “Built like a tank” like any other product from Anode Acoustics.

Test Period – 4+ months

Musicality – This unit has been by far the most musical Solid State Amplifier I have ever listened. Me being a long-time fan and user of Tube amplifiers always felt that the SS Amps missed the “feel” that a Tube Amp delivers. However, it’s very true that Tube amplifiers can never match the speed a SS amplifier delivers (the slam, bang & decay). This caught me in a limbo, and I always longed for something that can bridge this gap and deliver the best of both worlds. This SS Amplifier for Anode Acoustics seems to have just tapped that spot. It’s unbelievingly versatile across the spectrum along with the thump as well as the feel we always crave for.

Final thoughts – The most musical SS Amp I ever experienced. Seriously not sure how AA manages to pull this off at such a price range. Any close to equivalent imported power amplifier will cost a minimum of 5X.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 55
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
I dig the industrial design of the ss components. Nice write-up, hoping to hear it someday.
Until then I'm still enjoying the EL84 power amp and 6sn7 tube pre even after 2 years. Longest I've ever kept audio components, i guess that's testament to the sound. 😃

just visited the website . There are lot of Indian Brands which I never knew about . Where did you audition this and do share details of
pre amp , speakers and source

I dig the industrial design of the ss components. Nice write-up, hoping to hear it someday.
Until then I'm still enjoying the EL84 power amp and 6sn7 tube pre even after 2 years. Longest I've ever kept audio components, i guess that's testament to the sound. 😃

Which EL84 amp ?

just visited the website . There are lot of Indian Brands which I never knew about . Where did you audition this and do share details of
pre amp , speakers and source
Hi, thanks for asking.
I have been an user of Anode Acoustics(AA) products (i call masterpieces :)) from many many years now.
In fact i was the one for whom Nitin (Designer-Owner of Anode Acoustics) designed the first 140W SS MKI power amplifier 2.5 years back, which later became a standard product. I have been using that SS MKI alongside the AA 40W EL34 Monoblock Tube amplifiers (each brilliant in its niche genre). While i was enjoying my setup with no plan of any upgrade anytime soon, our discussion about one technology that can excel across the spectrum never ceased. Here i am really proud that i went on pestering Nitin in developing something unique which has the best of both worlds. Finally, Nitin took up the challenge and started developing the MKII version of the 140W SS and obviously the rest is a no-brainer. :)

I have used almost all of Anode Acoustics products and being a very critical customer never held back my feedback & suggestions. What's amazing about AA is, all the feedbacks were given quality thought, discussed, explained, rejected and/or implemented as appropriate with seriousness. That's the quality of a forward-looking innovative organization we desire in today's world.

My setup is a very simple one:
Source : FLACs, ALACs & Apple Hi-Res Lossless music.
DAC - iFi Zen DAC V2 & Toping E50
Pre-amplifier - AA 6sn7 & AA E80cc tube amplifiers (Strong believer that Tube is inevitable in the chain)
Power-amplifier : AA 140W SS MKII
Speakers : Dali Opticon 6 MKII & ELAC UniFi Reference UBR62

My personal setup is also simple:
Amplifier : AA Headphone amplifier #1 (Review - https://www.hifivision.com/threads/...n-epitome-of-made-in-india-electronics.90841/)
Headphone : Sennheiser HD 650

Last edited:
w
That review was written when I had qx2 Mk2. Since then I've upgraded to indiq signature Mishra V2 and the pairing is amazing tbh
Oh absolutely, now you have able speakers to compliment the amps and take the output to another level.

In fact i feel that EL84 unit of yours will find a perfect match with HERESY IV or FORTE IV. It’s so good.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back