solid-state or tube amplifier ?

@hifimaddy, kindly share some light on Rowen Swiss Edition with reference to your NAD C320BEE amplifier (used as a preamplifier)
I'm now using the C320bee as a preamplifer with an O&B power amp. but using it as a preamp, I don't notice a big difference. So as a preamp, I don't recommend. When I connect 320 as an integrated amp, here is the "wow" factor.

Basically, Rowen used their own techniques and modifications to improve the "stability and musicality" of the standard NAD amps; they changed some parts or tuned according to this. I don't know much about the modifications they have done.

I have heard the sound signature of normal 320 very few times. but the rowen basically feels very powerful. I have compared side by side with O&B; the sound signature and stereo separations are very noticeable in Rowen. Even above 50-75 percentage volume, there are no distortions or fades.

I have brought it from an audio equipment collector in Switzerland. When I was buying this amp, I didn't know anything about Rowen Editions. He explained it to me, and I thought he was giving some fake information, but later I realized this was worth the purchase. If you have a plan to own one, don't hesitate; this will be worth buying, but find a Rowen edition, which is very rare and also very expensive compared to normal NAD amps.

I'm now using the C320bee as a preamplifer with an O&B power amp. but using it as a preamp, I don't notice a big difference. So as a preamp, I don't recommend. When I connect 320 as an integrated amp, here is the "wow" factor.

Basically, Rowen used their own techniques and modifications to improve the "stability and musicality" of the standard NAD amps; they changed some parts or tuned according to this. I don't know much about the modifications they have done.

I have heard the sound signature of normal 320 very few times. but the rowen basically feels very powerful. I have compared side by side with O&B; the sound signature and stereo separations are very noticeable in Rowen. Even above 50-75 percentage volume, there are no distortions or fades.

I have brought it from an audio equipment collector in Switzerland. When I was buying this amp, I didn't know anything about Rowen Editions. He explained it to me, and I thought he was giving some fake information, but later I realized this was worth the purchase. If you have a plan to own one, don't hesitate; this will be worth buying, but find a Rowen edition, which is very rare and also very expensive compared to normal NAD amps.
@hifimaddy , reuben is an encyclopedia of NAD amps.. you may find rare old NAD amps in his signature. There are countless informative threads by reuben in this forum, worth reading.

As you mentioned, with my limited usage of C320bee I can say as integrated it deliver much above the specification says. It outperforms similar speced other brand amps in power delivery and ease of handling any speakers. I also heard the weaker part is the pre amp section, but I couldn't test it with separate Pre or even it as a Pre. Someone in this forum only mentioned it outperform as a poweramp with some different pre amps.

Waiting for @reubensm response sir :)

@hifimaddy , reuben is an encyclopedia of NAD amps.. you may find rare old NAD amps in his signature. There are countless informative threads by reuben in this forum, worth reading.

As you mentioned, with my limited usage of C320bee I can say as integrated it deliver much above the specification says. It outperforms similar speced other brand amps in power delivery and ease of handling any speakers. I also heard the weaker part is the pre amp section, but I couldn't test it with separate Pre or even it as a Pre. Someone in this forum only mentioned it outperform as a poweramp with some different pre amps.

Yes, I know I have seen his many posts on the nad owners thread. I was not rude here. I dont know in details about Nad; I am a normal user only. Whatever I know, I have written up, so if someone new here also maybe finds it useful. When he asked, I just taged him the message, but I never thought to teach him what I know.

Yes, I know I have seen his many posts on the nad owners thread. I was not rude here. I dont know in details about Nad; I am a normal user only. Whatever I know, I have written up, so if someone new here also maybe finds it useful. When he asked, I just taged him the message, but I never thought to teach him what I know.
Hey.. I didn't mean you were rude.. and nobody will think that way for sure, don't think that way. I thought to mention about him before I put my comments.

thanks, great info, I did not know about the Rowen upgrades for NAD amps :)

Last edited:

Actually, from my experience, over the years, I have come across some NADs with mods like capacitor and resistor upgrades, transistor upgrades, power supply upgrades, circuit mods, relay and protection circuitry mods, older NADs with toroidal power transformer upgrades and even some crazy mods like bluetooth boards incorporated, etc. but I haven't come across this one.

Upgrading components in a NAD amplifier changes its signature sound. Whether the refresh/upgrade sounds good to the user or not, is subjective and relative to the user's preferences. I have always preferred stock NADs with the original NAD 'neutral and warm' sound.

Last edited:
Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back